tip on the Hp 9150i

Thread: tip on the Hp 9150i

In one of the really, really Blue states.

Post tip on the Hp 9150i

just got one. rated 8x4x32. guess what? no software for making a bootable cd. called HP after an hour the guy said, you're right. they will send me a version of adaptec that will work with my machine(and they say will make bootable cd's). what a joke!! tried my old adaptec software that came with my4x4x24 mitsumi but it doesn't support this drive(maybe the speed?)
    Repeat after me: I must not buy Hp, I must not buy HP...
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

shawnMt

Update your old adaptec software and it should work with the new drive www.adaptec.com

------------------
    Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted

Paint your old laptop!

thanks shawnMT, i didn't know you could get updates for free(gee, i should have looked). but i have ver. 3.5c and it costs to go to 4 so i will wait to see if HP ships me 4. i am using the old 4x4x24 to make my bootables in the mean time.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

I've seen version 4 for as little as $49. This version is necessary if you run W2K.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Red face

the final word: after waiting for adaptec4 and it not coming free from HP i called back. very poor service indeed. it had not been sent! speak to the "next level?" they will call me back in 2-3 days.
    finally got a supe to talk to and here's the scoop:
    as per the supe hp cdrwriters are now going to be shipped with HP MY CD which does not support making bootable cd's. you can purchase apdaptec software ver.4 for only $9.95 as an upgrade, and they say that will make bootable cd's.
    After pitching a bitch(can i use that word?) they will send it to me free in about 7-10 days.(you mean you expect this car to come with BRAKES? sorry that is not supported, however we will gladly sell you some some brakes)
    BTW-getting the latest free updates on my adaptec ver3 lets me use ezcd creator, but directcd still says "no supported cdrom found"

[This message has been edited by techs (edited September 06, 2000).]

For DirectCD to work, you will still need to download some updates from Adaptec after you install your v.4 when it arrives. There are three files you will need to download and install in the following order:
    ecdc_v402_dlx.exe
    dcd_301_up.exe
    ecdc402d-dcd301d_up_v402d.exe
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Originally posted by sowulo:
    For DirectCD to work, you will still need to download some updates from Adaptec after you install your v.4 when it arrives. There are three files you will need to download and install in the following order:
    ecdc_v402_dlx.exe
    dcd_301_up.exe
    ecdc402d-dcd301d_up_v402d.exe
    thanks, for the tip.

Angry

Final word. HP sent me adaptec 4. installed and works ok, BUT(and i posted this on tech tips, but belongs here)there is a KNOWN problem with adaptec4 and internet explorer 5 and 5.01. it will not allow the disconnect from internet? prompt to work. found out on the m.s. knowledge base. had to change registry to fix it. here is the link http://support.microsoft.com/support...-US&SD=gn&FR=0