Who will actually Pay?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will actually Pay?

Post Who will actually Pay?

Who will actually Pay? when the forums are not free.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

After being here so long, I wouldn't pay if the forums became subscription.
    Why should I have to pay to help others out? I don't pay my customers to fix their machines.
    I am basically part of the furniture here but I can hear the Removal Van starting if a subs-forum was started.
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

Who ever said the message boards were not going to be free? Look at the home page:

[quote]With the exception of the home page and the message boards, WinDrivers is no longer free.

[quote]Originally posted by JungleMan:
    <strong>Who ever said the message boards were not going to be free? Look at the home page:

[quote]With the exception of the home page and the message boards, WinDrivers is no longer free.</strong><hr></blockquote>

In time.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

<strong>Who ever said the message boards were not going to be free? Look at the home page:

[quote]With the exception of the home page and the message boards, WinDrivers is no longer free.</strong><hr></blockquote>

We know they are free, the question was though, who would stay if they were not!!!!
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

Tattoo addict

well I certainly will not pay for drivers and tech tips and anything else,here.

sorry,I just won't.there are too many recourses on the net that are free.

as long as the forums stay free I will be a happy camper.

IF the message forums WERE by subscription....I'd watch more movies....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

[quote]Originally posted by Sowulo:
    <strong>IF the message forums WERE by subscription....I'd watch more movies.... </strong><hr></blockquote>

I can supply some good ones

[quote]Originally posted by Danimal:
    Who will actually Pay? when the forums are not free.<hr></blockquote>

I assume he means "if"

[quote]Originally posted by Sowulo:
    <strong>IF the message forums WERE by subscription....I'd watch more movies.... </strong><hr></blockquote>

MAybe we could make some kind of movie/chat site so we can make fun of JMM during the sex scenes.

<strong>

I assume he means "if"</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nope, as if the driver subs don't generate the money needed , then most likely the forum will either be taken down or made subscription to recoup bandwidth costs. I can't see the driver search using anywhere near the bandwidth that the forum does especially when it is an external CGI script to DriverGuide.

I said "When" because it's just around the corner I'm almost positive.

darrens right this site is probably 80% of the load compared to the driver search.

[quote]Originally posted by Darren Wilson:
    <strong>

Nope, as if the driver subs don't generate the money needed , then most likely the forum will either be taken down or made subscription to recoup bandwidth costs. I can't see the driver search using anywhere near the bandwidth that the forum does especially when it is an external CGI script to DriverGuide.</strong><hr></blockquote>

if Windrivers forums start charging then I will definitely not pay money for this sh*t

<strong>

if Windrivers forums start charging then I will definitely not pay money for this sh*t </strong><hr></blockquote>

QUICK START CHARGING, START CHARGING!!!!! LOL LOL LOL j/k

I just want to go on the record saying that this is TOTAL BS! First off, that price is rediculous. Secondly, have you ever looked at where you ended up getting the drivers from when you used the links posted on this site? If you have you will have noticed that you ended up (yep, thats right) at the home page of the company that makes the product. You can find drivers for 99% of the products out there simply by downloading them FREE from the manufacturers home page! Whats that you say? what if there isnt an identifier on the board or item in quesion? Well, you can identify anything with its FCC id witch should be on all products, but ofcourse if you use windrivers you will now pay to click on the link to the FCC site to ID your card when you could do it for free???? I am sorry, but IMHO anyone who would pay for this is a total blithering ID10T, and im kinda offended that these people would think that I am that stupid to do it.

Just the begining of another one of my favorite sites getting ruined....this is sad indeed.
    I dont feel tardy...