sugestion to the moderators

Thread: sugestion to the moderators

Talking sugestion to the moderators

Hi Guys,
    as you can see I accidently posted this twice. I went to delete one of them but only certin persons can do that.

How about letting the person who started the topic have the sccess to delete the topic?
    It might be a huge ask but it would stop these thing from cloging up the boards...

Just a sugestion.

Yosh

------------------
    It was like that when I got here!_ ___________ _ pig's a$$.
    It was like that when I got here!_ _ _ ___ _ _ _ pig's a$$.

I post this and befor I have finnished it has been deleted......

I stand corrected.

------------------

dlagace

This has been talked about before I think we should be able to delete our own topics.

------------------
    "What works for One person May not work for Another"
    God Is My Judge dLagace=DANIMAL

Moved to Comments and Suggestions.

------------------
    Note to self: Re-index brain cells, database corruption present.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

The author of any topic ought to be able to close it, perhaps it might stop some of the topics going off course before a mod gets around to closing it.

windowscrash

Arrow

I actually found a mod the other day and installed it on a UBB 6.05. It seemed to stop people from double posting as it blocks the "Post" button once you have clicked it. If you need the mod Scott fell free to email me but I am not sure it will work on UBB 5 (But it may work on the company forums )

------------------
    This signature cannot be shown due to restrictions on this Board. Please contact your System Administrator

MacGyver

Comment 1: Why are double posts such a big deal? I can see the problem when somebody posts the same thing to multiple forums, but if somebody makes a double post in the same forum, big deal! A mod can just come along and delete the dupe.

Comment 2: YOU CAN DELETE YOUR OWN TOPIC. Edit the first post in the thread (yours) and delete it. The entire thread will then be deleted. I have done this in the past when I goofed on the first post or thought twice about what forum I posted in.

------------------
    I help others in the name of my Lord, Jesus Christ.

Exclamation

Comment 3:
    Moderators DON'T have administrative rights upon the BBS. For any kind of problem related to the UBB Code please email the Administrator of Windrivers.

------------------
    My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

QSECOFR

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by windowscrash:
    I actually found a mod the other day and installed it on a UBB 6.05. It seemed to stop people from double posting as it blocks the "Post" button once you have clicked it. If you need the mod Scott fell free to email me but I am not sure it will work on UBB 5 (But it may work on the company forums )

</font>
    A similar code hack has been installed in the past. But Like I've said before...it is ultimately up to scott whether he feels the need to install it or not.

------------------
    "I see dumb people....they're everywhere. They walk around like everyone else. They don't even know they're dumb"

Darren Wilson

Why not just set the Flood Check

------------------
    I am my own Judge , Jury & Executioner. Although I am availabel for Weddings, Birthdays, Bahmitzvahs, etc,etc......

Question

Sorry all I didn't mean for this to get out of hand.
    All I was meaning was I made a mistake and double posted. I felt stupid for doing it and wanted to fix the problem, not make more work for the admins and mods (who already do a heap for us all).
    When I went to do it the meaasge stated I needed to be an admin or mod to delete the thread.
    It was only a sugestion..sorry for creating a fuss.

Yosh

------------------

dlagace

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by yoshie:
    All I was meaning was I made a mistake and double posted. I felt stupid for doing it and wanted to fix the problem, not make more work for the admins and mods (who already do a heap for us all).
    When I went to do it the meaasge stated I needed to be an admin or mod to delete the thread.

Yosh

</font>

Sometimes we have to watch what we say on this site.
    Some people get a little excitedand it seems there feelings get hurt.
    But don't take anything personal.

After all this is the "Comments and Suggestions Forum". Right.So we should be able to "Comment away" and "Suggest away".

Nuff said.

------------------
    "What works for One person May not work for Another"
    God Is My Judge dLagace=DANIMAL

[This message has been edited by dlagace (edited October 18, 2001).]

shamus

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by yoshie:

Yosh

</font>
    I think MacGyver made a valid point "Comment 2: YOU CAN DELETE YOUR OWN TOPIC. Edit the first post in the thread (yours) and delete it. The entire thread will then be deleted. I have done this in the past when I goofed on the first post or thought twice about what forum I posted in."
    I have done or had felt obligated to do the same thing myself.

------------------
    "Those people that dance are considered insane by those people that can't hear the music."
    George Carlin