Something here upsetting IE

Thread: Something here upsetting IE

Something here upsetting IE

For the past couple of days something has been giving IE fits of "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and has to close"

No idea what it is, but I can be on other sites first without problems, come to WinDrivers and it starts, then I experience it on other sites too. It's probably something gone pear-shaped on this old system - an IE repair didn't change anything. But when I get XP patched properly on my laptop and swap to it for access, I suppose it will be solved.

what file name is giving it fits? mshtml.dll?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Right, it's nothing here at WD. Click "details" and go from there. Also, to prove that, try a different browser.
    "Pear shaped"? Whatever that is, that might be it.

It appears it was an aborted installation of Flash 8 that I'd forgotten happened. It was msvcrt.dll that had the fits, but the detail listing included flash8.ocx, since removing the partial install, no problems.

It was definitely triggered by something on WD, ad or whatever, I could trawl other sites for hours then come to WD, bang.

Anyway, sorted, thanks!

cool... probably an advert that actually checks for flash version and upgrade status...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."