A7A266 Onboard surround sound

Thread: A7A266 Onboard surround sound

Post A7A266 Onboard surround sound

I got the A7A266 motheboard and some people told be the onboard sound wasn't good. I connected it to my 300Watt surround sound system and my MP3s are playing in great quality surround sound! What isn't good about the onboard sound?

The only problem I found was that it doesn't support bass/treble control, what would a normal sound card do that this onboard sound can't do?

Thanks
    "[...] drug companies are killing far more Americans than all terrorists, murderers and criminals combined [...]" - NewsTarget.com

I have the same Mobo and you are right the sound is pretty good. But I believe that onboard sound uses the CPU, and a sound card does not. So having a sound card could just make things run a little bit smoother. I believe.
    Computers Don't Get Mad When You Buy Computer Magazines!

yupery. On board peripherals occupy the CPU, and memory resources, especially Video. You've got a top notch MB, you should install seperate cards, to take advantage of it.
    Hey man! Hand me that thing. Not that thing! The other thing!!! You know, the thing!!!