To the Moderators..

Thread: To the Moderators..

Exclamation To the Moderators..

Closing some threads is a very good idea, but there's something more you must do, guys.
    Some people keep posting messages, using bad language. We are all adults, ok. But there are lots of young people asking for Tech Support every day. Besides, it's annoying to all of us!

I know you are trying your best to view as many posts as you can, but please take care of that serious matter!
    I won't report any nicknames at the first place.
    They have to learn using asterisks (***), or using the proper words. If they are not willing to, you should force them too!!!

Keep up Windrivers and your fine job.

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Darren Wilson

Good Point Alien

As you know there are literally loads of posts every day to the forum and we cannot physically (or mentally) moderate each and every post.

The only way to stop bad language form appearing on teh forum is like u say, to use asterixes or to use the filter that is built into teh board itself. The only prob with the filter is that if it finds the word inside any other word it will asterix that as well. For example. Say if you were called Richard and you use the name Dick, the filter would asterix Dick out. There are numerous combinations that the filter would asterix so it isn't really feasible.
    In the UK we have a town called S****horpe. If we added the 4 letter slang word for female genitalia (or irritating customers & bosses ) we would be left with S****horpe.

Point taken though and will try to keep things above board.

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????

For a different ' angle ' on life visit my NEW homepage @ The Carpers Lodge - The UK's No.1 Non-Commercial / Independant Carp Angling Website

[This message has been edited by Darren Wilson (edited October 18, 2000).]

shawnMt

I agree - my nephew reads the forums. Things have gotten MUCH better in Tech Tales and Tech-To-Tech since DG made them registered only. We both try our best and read as many posts as we can, but we can't read 'em all.

There are some words I let slide, but always edit the "really" bad words. I also let some negative comments slide - an example is a post last week about "you people suck." I started to delete it immediately, but wanted to see if it got to other members as much as it did me.

Thanks for the heads-up though Alien.

------------------
    Paint your old laptop!

Thumbs up

Thanks for your fine job you do, and for taking the time to reply guys.
    Yes. I agree with you. As I said, I know it's very dofficult to view all the threads. It's also difficult to filter the "bad" words.
    Some people, though, use to use that kind of language on every single post of them. They have to stop that.

Keep up the good work!

AlienDyne

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page

[This message has been edited by AlienDyne (edited October 18, 2000).]
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

QSECOFR

I agree. Sometimes, the language gets out of hand. I have not been around as long as some of the users, but I wish there were times that I could edit some of the posts. I have seen some that just are out of bounds!

he moderators are doing a fine job. And the automatic filters are ridiculous. I subscribe to an email newsletter, and because of those filters, everytime the owner talks about viruses, he has to type v*i*r*u*s*e*s or he will get hundreds of emails returned to him because of the filters. Keep up the good work!

[This message has been edited by QSECOFR (edited October 19, 2000).]

Jvaguy

this to me is the best forum to use and yes sometimes people make sick and bad comments and with peps like shawn and darren is the reason im here this is one of the only board where i can pull up a chair and know no matter how bad the day is i cant laugh and learn something new .. so my comment is .. we should go reg all the way .. i know any person can make a reg and do this crap but atleast its lesser .. and signing up is user friendly and quick i finally gave in after a long time when i realized i could help someone.

i consider us a family (maybe i need a life) but most of us post or join several times a week .. you try it once youll be back

Jvaguy

i ment can laugh .. its late and im tired so shoot me .. no how did this bullet hole get in my chest

3fingersalute

Originally posted by shawnMt:
    an example is a post last week about "you people suck." I started to delete it immediately, but wanted to see if it got to other members as much as it did me.
    I've noticed that person quit posting! I wonder if he is posting under a new name, or just got ticked and quit posting all together?

Guess we'll probably never know!

------------------
    WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO TODAY?......Not that it matters, because Micrsoft will crash on the way there!!!