[RESOLVED] which would u recommend win2k or me?

Thread: [RESOLVED] which would u recommend win2k or me?

Roop

Resolved [RESOLVED] which would u recommend win2k or me?

i would say neither. the both have to many problems and all the extra features in there will just use more ram (64mb for 2k, 32mb for me) and more processor cycles.

win98se is the best right now. win98 with the serveice packs and ie5.5 is pretty good to.

win95c is the fastest and supports almost (if not as much) hardware as win98. it uses the least cpu and ram.

piracy = good

Angry

piracy=bad

How do you feel when you bust your a$$ all day fixing someones computer only to have them refust to pay the bill?? Its the same thing in my book.

Jvaguy

no no thats bad ... working all day for something then to have people steal it ...

and I would say windows 2000 if your system can handle it and your apps support it

Thumbs down

Agreed!

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Darren Wilson

Piracy causes the legitimate shops to up prices on systems when the software houses put up the prices of their software to counteract the people who have bought the pirated software.

Never decreasing circle I am afraid.

If you keep yourself legal you should be fine with any of the above operating systems

------------------
    Visit my BRAND NEW Site from the 4th November 2000.

The Carpers Lodge.net
    The Webs Number One Resource for Today's Carp Angler.

Roop

piracy is bad?

ok, thats your opinion. most of you will either use the argument that it's, get this "moraly wrong." LMAO! others say that people work hard to make stuff and you should buy it off em.

i [i]would[i] give $40 to micheal burford (creator of getright). he made a good product and i wanted something like that. but, i have no credit card.

should i wait till i get one or go to *.box.sk for a crack? i don't have the time to wait but when i do get a credit card, i'll pay em.

on the other hand. microsoft has way too much money. there are sevral small countries (~30) that have less money than bill gates.

why would i want to make him any richer? i don't have $200 to spend on a so called "final" version of an unfinished OS. a company like microsoft shouldn't even exist. more money than 10 of the worlds poorest countries? gimme a break! that should be illegal. if i want the next version of windows, i'll d/l it off a warez site thank you.

jford11

Dear Members or visitors If you use your computer as a home computer get Windows me if you use your computer for work get Windows 2k or Windows 2000 whatever you like to call it.

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Roop:
    piracy is bad?

on the other hand. microsoft has way too much money. there are sevral small countries (~30) that have less money than bill gates.

why would i want to make him any richer? if i want the next version of windows, i'll d/l it off a warez site thank you.
    Good Grief!!! Sam Walton was a very rich man too before he died. Does that mean it is OK to shoplift from WalMart? There are lots of other people working behind the scenes than just the CEO, president, etc.
    BTW, if you do shoplift, I truly hope you'll get caught, handcuffed and paraded through the store so that all of the paying customers can see what a low-life you are.
    Just one man's opinion...

As for the original topic, I forgot what it was...oh yeah, something about WinMe or Win2000...I've been running Win98 on both home and work PC's without any major problems...I think I'll stay where I know what's happening.

Have a Good Day!
    DonJ

------------------
    Hey, it's all FM to me!
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

pga

Originally posted by Roop:

piracy = good
    on piracy and the idiots who sell counterfeit software.... you can read my opinions in the following forum.. http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin...ML/003111.html

anyhoo...
    win me/98se=play
    w2k=work

joey3k

Thumbs down

I was in China town the other day, and I was beside a store that sold pirated software and games. All of a sudden 20 casually dressed men and women walked into the store and busted them all. They were all in handcuffs, it was a real sad scene. They also got slapped with a $200, 000 fine. Why sell or use pirated software when the end result will cost you more than the software?

-Joseph