Domain Login @ Windrivers?

Thread: Domain Login @ Windrivers?

Question Domain Login @ Windrivers?

A couple of times today, when opening IE (my homepage is set to Windrivers), it pops up with a message box, asking for a Username, Password, and Domain.

If I cancel it, it gives me an Authentication Required message. Then I just hit refresh and windrivers pops up.

I at first thought this was an error on my network at work (playing around with a NT server), but tonight it happened at home.
    -- I still do not understand the rampant growth of stupidity in this country.
    <a href="http://www.tabletop-battlezone.com" target="_blank">The TableTop BattleZone</a>

jimmr13

I got the same message! but I just hit my desk top link. Strange well all the buggs aren't worked out yet! I guess

This is unrelated, but why start another topic?

With the IP Logging, I know that can trace back to the IP of the user posting a message, but what about dial up users? Or someone behind a firewall/proxy/etc.?

Is it possible for someone to post if the IP is spoofed?

At work I'm behind a router/proxy. Does the IP of the router show up, or my internal 192.168.blah.blah address show up?

I'm asking because I'm learning more and more about NT Server, and the security aspects of it...
    <a href="http://www.tabletop-battlezone.com" target="_blank">The TableTop BattleZone</a>

3fingersalute

I hit the domain login several time tonight!

Yeah happened to me too, i thought it was just my computer though, i guess not...
    It only seems to happen if its a url shortcut, favourite or homepage, type it into the address bar and theres no problem, wierd though...

After hitting refresh to get past the domain logon and get to the normal home page, resave the page to favorites (it enters http://www.windrivers.com/default.htm) and doesn't pop up the logon box any more....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

DaOnly123Kid

i thought that was just me getting that problem

I was getting the same message, came here to post it and found out that its not me

The problem seems to have fixed itself...still would like to know what caused it, so I can avoid the same problem (if I ever set up a web server =)

The problem had to do with server side includes on the home page only, don't know why but I went back to no SSI's, I don't really have time to F**k with problems of this nature.

joey3k

uh-oh... I think scott had a bad week

Originally posted by WinDrivers:
    The problem had to do with server side includes on the home page only, don't know why but I went back to no SSI's, I don't really have time to F**k with problems of this nature.
    Scott? Hmm, is that REALLY you? Scott swearing, I have heard that in a long time. BUT KEEP SWEARING, IT GETS RID OF STRESS.

This happened to me the first time I tried to visit Windrivers after I installed the IE6 beta. I put in Windrivers as a Trusted Site, and never happened again. Don't know if it was just co-incidence.