[RESOLVED] StevePorter for Company Forums Moderator - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [RESOLVED] StevePorter for Company Forums Moderator

Darren Wilson

Everything ALien said plus dealing with the flamers and spammers who will email you with all sorts of insults. If you can handle that then Welcome to the 1G Club.

------------------
    Darren Wilson
    Webmaster
    The Carpers Lodge.net
    The Webs Number One Resource for Today's Carp Angler.

FLAMERS

StevePorter

Thumbs up

As a Tech God, do I get to speak to everyone in a low, kinda wise-sounding voice? That would be really cool if I could.

As far as flamers go, I have a big bucket of water. I can rain on their parade, so that's not a problem. It seems easy enough. Sure, dial me in.

Do I have to say some type of Pledge or Moderators, or something to indicate my acceptance of the nomination? How about:

I, StevePorter, shall endeavor to uphold the sanctity of the hallowed position known as Company Forums Moderator in a manner bespeaking of its importance. Moreover, flamers, spammers, and all sorts of similar uncultured swine shall be set apart, marked as unclean, and, if necessary, cast from the presence of this fine company of individuals using the supernatural powers available to a Moderator.

OK, I'm on it...

P.S. I really need a theme song now.

------------------
    Sometimes computer problems require extreme measures. Our hero, the Intrepid Spaceman Spiff, sets his blaster on "deep fat fry..."

Darren Wilson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by StevePorter:

P.S. I really need a theme song now.

</font>

How about the theme to Psycho?

------------------
    Darren Wilson
    Webmaster
    The Carpers Lodge.net

FLAMERS

StevePorter

Question

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darren Wilson:

How about the theme to Psycho?

</font>
    Now, I'm trying to figure out if there's some second meaning to all this? Hm-m-m-m-m...maybe...just maybe. Are you saying that I look like Alfred Hitchcock? That's what it is, isn't it?

Well, you can't do this to me. I'm, I'm...

------------------
    Sometimes computer problems require extreme measures. Our hero, the Intrepid Spaceman Spiff, sets his blaster on "deep fat fry..."

CREEPINGDEATH

hey steve have you ever played that not to recent game "Heart of Darkness"?

With an avatar like that you would like it.

------------------
    ?What Me Worry?

StevePorter

Red face

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CREEPINGDEATH:
    hey steve have you ever played that not to recent game "Heart of Darkness"?

With an avatar like that you would like it.

</font>
    S'matter, don't ya like my Spiff? Just 'cause he's a paraplegic is no reason to be harshin' his mellow. Whoa! Settle down, Spiff...they didn't mean it...

------------------

jimmr13

Cool

Steve you still need to be fitted for your toga! Spiff also! And don't forget the Hot Krispy Kremes! and Sunday is you turn to wax Scotts Jag. Bring Spiff he can heat the wax !
    Don't forget Hot Wax on/ Hot Wax off.
    LMAO/ Sometimes I crack myself up!! J/K

------------------
    If all else fails read the directions !

StevePorter

Thumbs up

Heh, heh, heh...I'll show you mine if you show me yours...toga, that is...

------------------

jimmr13

Cool

But your Royal Godleyness Sir I'm not a Tech God! I'm only a not so humble Moderator!
    And spiff would look soooo cute in a lil toga! W/ a nice sholder holster for his blaster, How could the chicks resist!
    Besides I already did the Greek thing in college! Still don't know how I ended up in the Sorority House Wearing a bed sheet? And who where those girls? And Did I have a good time???? Did my Toga thing already!

------------------
    If all else fails read the directions !

StevePorter

Talking

I'm happy to say that I never did the greek thing in college, but I did marry a sorority girl. I told those fraternity boys, "Stick that in your toga and smoke it!" Heh, heh...

------------------

Darren Wilson

Thinking of it, a Toga isn't riske' enough

Now having to deal with clients dressed as Dr Frank N Furter from the Rocky Horror Show, now that would be funny

------------------
    Darren Wilson
    Webmaster
    The Carpers Lodge.net

FLAMERS

StevePorter

Thumbs down

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darren Wilson:
    Thinking of it, a Toga isn't riske' enough

Now having to deal with clients dressed as Dr Frank N Furter from the Rocky Horror Show, now that would be funny

</font>
    Rocky Horror Picture Show...now that was one movie that completely bypassed my feeble mind. Ugh!

------------------