[RESOLVED] New Forum

Thread: [RESOLVED] New Forum

Rocinante

Resolved [RESOLVED] New Forum

Would it be possible to add a "Resolved Problems forum" I know and understand it will require a bit of work from moderators, and I dont mind helping. I have seen a LOT of really good fixes, solutions that just slowly get lost down the list, then a newbie comes in and asks the same question. If we could move the good solutions to a Resolved Problem post, I think it would be very benificial.

------------------
    on tonights menu - special fried bios

jimmr13

I think you can go back into the post over a year, and /or pull from the archive's already.

------------------
    If all else fails read the directions !

Darren Wilson

That is what the Tech Tips forum is for.

------------------
    Darren Wilson
    Webmaster
    The Carpers Lodge.net
    The Webs Number One Resource for Today's Carp Angler.

FLAMERS

The best solution may be to advise the person who posted the new topic to search. The search function works great on this site.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

A little common courtesy goes along way. Maybe we could just ask that members post their conclusions to the problems they ask for help on.
    Just another thought.

------------------
    You spend your whole life believing that you're on the right track,
    only to discover that you're on the wrong train.

Dale Earnhardt #3 (1951-2001)
    You will be missed!

GJFowler

I often wonder if enquirers get their problem sorted and it's good when I see someone come back & say "yeah thanks, that was it"

When I first found these forums last year I got help on a couple of things just by reading likely threads.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GJFowler:
    I often wonder if enquirers get their problem sorted and it's good when I see someone come back & say "yeah thanks, that was it"

When I first found these forums last year I got help on a couple of things just by reading likely threads.
    </font>
    Agreed. It is nice to know we helped. And, sometimes the prob is in an area where I don't have the same expertise that I have in others....I've followed a number of threads just because I didn't know...One can learn a lot from 30 suggestions but so much more with one, "this is what worked..."

------------------
    Ya never know, ya know?
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

StevePorter

Lightbulb

I've had some number of people, albeit a small percentage, actually thank me via a personal e-mail. The most frustrating thing about answering somebody's post is to get a subsequent e-mail that asks for clarification, and I have no idea what they're talking about. Often times I have to write back asking, "Now what was your problem exactly, and what was it I said?"

It would be nice, however, to somehow tell the people posting questions to post back whether they got their problem fixed. That way we aren't dispensing the same failed wisdom on somebody else. Just a thought...

------------------
    Sometimes computer problems require extreme measures. Our hero, the Intrepid Spaceman Spiff, sets his blaster on "deep fat fry..."

jimmr13

Cool

To tell the truth I have had 5 e-mail thanking me for the help. On of the nicest came from Mustang! You are quite welcome!
    hope the dual boot works now!

------------------
    If all else fails read the directions !

I've had quite a few personal thank-you's as well. To all once again you're welcome and Thank you!

------------------
    Ya never know, ya know?
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."