[RESOLVED] The solution to all the flamer/bada$$ postings
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] The solution to all the flamer/bada$$ postings

Antimatter

Resolved [RESOLVED] The solution to all the flamer/bada$$ postings

Just wait for a moderator to let the postings through (i.e.censorship). Adds a touch of lag to the postings but hey it cuts the crap out and gives everyone a break.

Things will never be what they were. It's the same for everything. Correct me if I'm wrong. Those who know they're wrong...get nutted!

------------------
    "It wasn't me... honest"

Darren Wilson

the amount of posts this forum generates would mean so much work if each post had to be moderated before being put on the forum. Good idea though, but not applicable really due to the sheer amount of posts.

------------------
    'I won't deny ya, I'm a straight Ridah, You don't wanna f#@k with me'
    Tupac Shakur
    '*****ionz as a Ridah'
    All Eyez On Me
    CD 1 Track 1.

hugheysoup

Darren,

I like what you you are doing right now with the IP addresses and informing their ISP about thier activities....I don't realy understand how you get that information.....I am hoping that it is something that only MOds can due and of course Scott.....If you want to enlightened me more with this please p/m or something.

I am kind of thinkning that I am missing a concpet here........but not sure.

------------------
    Why say no, when it feels sooo good to say yes?........

[This message has been edited by hugheysoup (edited March 07, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by hugheysoup (edited March 07, 2001).]

Darren Wilson

Every post is logged via IP address.Each ISP has their own range of IP's that are allocated out when a user connects. There are ways to try and dodge this by using a Spoofer or Public Proxy, but the IP can easily be obtained through the correct channels. I don't want to go into it in too much detail for obvious reasons.

------------------
    'I won't deny ya, I'm a straight Ridah, You don't wanna f#@k with me'
    Tupac Shakur
    '*****ionz as a Ridah'
    All Eyez On Me
    CD 1 Track 1.

MacGyver

It's not that big of a problem. People have to be registered and to do that they need to submit their email. We have lots of moderators and they catch most stuff very quickly. If you see something that isn't right then send a private message to the moderators and they will deal with it FAST!

------------------
    All this technology, and I still can't download a pizza!

jimmr13

Nice I think that about covers it! Yo Mac you hit the nail smake dab center!
    I want to retire can I move to Canada? open a lil shop, eat pasta all day, watch THE NEWS ?

------------------
    If all else fails read the directions !

MacGyver

Sure, if you don't mind shovelling snow! It's good exercise but eventually everyone gets sick of the snow! Including me! I want some warm weather for a change!

------------------

its called a snowblower. I got one 2 years ago, and I cannot imagine life without it anymore

------------------
    If it aint broke......use a bigger hammer

3fingersalute

Jimmr dude, if it wouldn't be for the fact that my wife refuses to live in CA or FL, I would be out there in a heartbeat, resume in hand looking for work in your shop!

------------------
    Is it because light travels faster than sound that some people appear bright until they speak????

Jvaguy

and jimmr canr forget the coffee in that cold weather hehhehe

------------------
    I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

MacGyver

Cool

C'MON, Jvaguy, with a name like that you should be able to appreciate good coffee! I am not a coffee drinker myself (I swore it off long ago), but come on up to Canada and pick up a Tim Horton's coffee and a donut! Look at that coffee pouring into the cup, doesn't that look good? mmmmmm..

------------------

Jvaguy

being i was in seattle in my youth and college years i learned real coffee taste .. and i miss it ....

and as far as the solution to the flamers and stuff .. on one of my other postings i shown this ... darren and aliens dummies books

www.innerstar.net/truth.htm

------------------
    I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

CREEPINGDEATH

The Mods are doing a kick @$$ job but there's always the public flogging option for repeat offenders.

------------------
    " I ATE A BABY !! " -Fat Bastard.

MacGyver

Public flogging doesn't work, because that's the problem you're trying to prevent in the first place.

------------------

CREEPINGDEATH

I guess your right just get as many trustable <( is that a word? ) moderators as you can and delete all the crap posts.

------------------
    " I ATE A BABY !! " -Fat Bastard.