[RESOLVED] Streamlining

Thread: [RESOLVED] Streamlining

Antimatter

Resolved [RESOLVED] Streamlining

Hey boss... how about a rethink on the category drivers forum.

How about an external devices forum incorporating USB, Digital Cameras, Input Devices, Removables. And maybe moving the Cyrix forum into somewhere else.

This page is getting so long I no longer want to even think about a games forum.

Just an idea.

------------------
    "IT BURNS...IT BURNS"

I disagree about the Cyrix forum.
    Some people still need it!
    After all, what's gonna happen to Weck if it's gone??? (j/k, Weck )

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." - Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Antimatter

Oh sorry. I didn't know that. How about moving Weck up to the tech lounge. I'm sure it needs more moderators.

------------------
    "IT BURNS...IT BURNS"

It can't be arranged.
    Every forum must have the maximum number of 4 Mods and Tech Lounge is full already.

Hey Weck, how about the Intel forum???

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." - Sokrates

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Antimatter:
    Hey boss... how about a rethink on the category drivers forum.

How about an external devices forum incorporating USB, Digital Cameras, Input Devices, Removables. And maybe moving the Cyrix forum into somewhere else.

This page is getting so long I no longer want to even think about a games forum.

Just an idea.

</font>
    A Peripherals Forum might well be a good catch all for several of the smaller forums.

------------------
    Ya never know, ya know?
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

jimmr13

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sowulo:
    A Peripherals Forum might well be a good catch all for several of the smaller forums.

</font>
    I agree with AlienDyne!

------------------
    Sarcasm is just one more service we offer!

Question

I thought this thread had been closed by Darren. What happened??

------------------

Darren Wilson

I think Scott reopened it.

Antimatter actually sent me a PM asking me to close it as his comments were out of line and he apologised.

------------------
    'I won't deny ya, I'm a straight Ridah, You don't wanna f#@k with me'
    Tupac Shakur
    '*****ionz as a Ridah'
    All Eyez On Me
    CD 1 Track 1.

Thumbs up

I hope Weck didn't take it seriously. I was just kidding!

------------------

Just thought I would throw in my two cents.

I like the way the boards are layed out. Seperating some of the topics helps me not have to read everything here. I will admit there are alot of things that I do not know much about so I usually don't read anything in the catagory. I honestly don't know alot about NT or USB for example, and if they are seperated like they are I don't have to waste my time reading stuff that I don't know about and helping those that I can.

Plus, if the people posting are paying attention to where they post, they have a better chance of getting their questions answered, when things are listed more specifically. I vote for keeping things the way they are. If the number of moderators is a question, I will volunteer my time to help out.

All in all, the moderators and the great DG are doing a wonderfull job of assisting the new posters and keeping the flaming down. Most people only need to be told once about the rules of the boards.

Again...my opinion!

------------------
    Microsoft is to software what McDonalds is to gourmet cooking!

Dale Earnhardt #3 (1951-2001)
    You will be missed!

jimmr13

Cool

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Larommi:

I like the way the boards are layed out. Seperating some of the topics helps me not have to read everything here. I will admit there are alot of things that I do not know much about so I usually don't read anything in the catagory. I honestly don't know alot about NT or USB for example, and if they are seperated like they are I don't have to waste my time reading stuff that I don't know about and helping those that I can.

Plus, if the people posting are paying attention to where they post, they have a better chance of getting their questions answered, when things are listed more specifically. I vote for keeping things the way they are. If the number of moderators is a question, I will volunteer my time to help out.

All in all, the moderators and the great DG are doing a wonderfull job of assisting the new posters and keeping the flaming down. Most people only need to be told once about the rules of the boards.

Again...my opinion!

</font>
    Ditto! And I like the avatar!

------------------
    Sarcasm is just one more service we offer!

Thumbs up

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Larommi:

Again...my opinion!

</font>
    Agreed!

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jimmr13:
    Originally posted by Larommi:

Again...my opinion!

</font>
    Ditto! And I like the avatar!

I agree completely - I would rather scroll more on the main index, then have to scroll inside every forum to find what I am looking for.

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

QSECOFR

That is true. I'd rather scroll on the main page. Dividing into more topics allows for better moderation, by limiting what is posted in each topic. It also makes it easier for people(especially newbies) to find information.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cyberhh:
    I agree completely - I would rather scroll more on the main index, then have to scroll inside every forum to find what I am looking for.

</font>

------------------
    OS/400...At least it's not Microsoft.