[RESOLVED] Tracking topics

Thread: [RESOLVED] Tracking topics

Sebring

Resolved [RESOLVED] Tracking topics

I may have missed this somewhere in the forums but I am wondering if you can track only one topic at a time? I tend to float around alot and forget exactly where or what I've posted. As far as I know there's no way to search for your own posts is there? Anway I tried to track 3 different topics last night and it seems to only have notified me about the last one.

Sebring, N.D.G.A.

------------------
    The difference between stepping blocks and stumbling stones is how you use them

There is a left-handed way of doing it. Use the search engine and leave the Search words blank. Search date since [X]. Then put your ID in the box for user name. I've used it to go back into archives. If you know the forum you can limit it to that forum.

------------------
    A biker knows why dogs stick their heads out of windows.
    Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.

Sebring

good idea thx

------------------
    The difference between stepping stones and stumbling blocks is how you use them

Sparky625

Lightbulb

My suggestion is this:
    Since we're already 'logged-on' just enough so that we can tell what forums have new posts and the like, can our profile e-mail address be filled in on the 'Track Topic' page? Not necessarily auto-submitted, but just filled-in. It's just a tiny time-saver.
    ( There's a banner at the bottom of my screen that says 'Just when you thought the best couldn't get any better...' and I thought it was talking bout WinDrivers for a second! Just shows what I think of the site, I guess. )

------------------
    Thank you for calling the support desk! How may I disconnect you today?

[This message has been edited by Sparky625 (edited January 25, 2001).]

I had a thought that might work. You can create a shotcut to the page by right clicking it and selecting create shotcut. I'm going to save this page and come back tommorow to see if it works.

Next day. Works like a charm.

------------------
    A biker knows why dogs stick their heads out of windows.

[This message has been edited by DR (edited January 26, 2001).]
    Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.