Concerning the Tech Lounge
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Concerning the Tech Lounge

Post Concerning the Tech Lounge

I don't know how many people would agree with me, but is there anyway on this site to make a tech forum for just adults. Using a credit card or something to verify your age. Heck I for one wouldn't mind giving a few bucks to the site every month. I just want to chat with techs and not have to worry about kids sitting around and reading everything I write. It's not that I talk filthy or anything. But damnit I like to sit around and talk to other techs about WHATEVER. It's like gathering at a bar with techs and discussing whatever comes to mind.
    I know this is a public forum, so whattaya think?
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Ummm...er...I don't think this will go over well. And if we did allow adult content, then people wouldn't come back. The tech lounge is for just kicking back. The rest of the forums are mainly for support.

jimmr13

Are you 21 or over? just making sure. as most of the techs and some of the Mods would tell you, The answer is NO!.
    But if you go to the lounge and read the post by Darren ( Help get this site off the ground) or to site review and see jimmrs post (my friend Candys new site)!
    You will Find what you seek and also some of the WinDrivers Crew!
    Including the Mod/admin/minor share holder/ Jimmr!!

yea I hear ya and I understand. But I didn't mean the entire site. maybe someone could set up a an adult tech lounge like what I was talking about and we could have a link here. I don't know I'm just stirring braincells, it doesn't take much stirring there aren't too many up there
    Really I meant a seperate site for adult techs to really "lounge" around without the worries. Seriously guys, with the money I throw away on useless crap, I would be willing to pay something modest like $10 a month.
    As I said just throwing the idea out. Hell I would do it without charging anything but I don't have the know how to set up a proper website. And quite frankly I don't have the time.
    Thanks for the response anyhow.
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up

jimmr13

The answer is NO! Too many problems!
    If you want adult techs, there at the other site!

Originally posted by Mr. Jimmr:
    Are you 21 or over? just making sure. as most of the techs and some ot the Mods would tell you, The answer is NO!.
    But if you go to the lounge and read the post by Darren ( Help get this site off the ground) or to site review and see jimmrs post (my friend Candys new site)!
    You will Find what you seek and also some of the WinDrivers Crew!
    Including the Mod/admin/minor share holder/ Jimmr!!
    I understand what you mean. BUT I am NOT going to hang out in an Adult Dating site. I don't need the hassle.
    BTW I'm 36 and Uhmmm I really don't need a flippant answer from anyone here.
    As far as I am concerned you yelled that NO at me. And I don't think it's called for.
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up

The Big Q thanks for your response and I understand.
    Jimmy thanks for YOUR response. I'll just keep my comments to myself from now on.
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up

We are not asking this, we are just giving our feedback to your suggestion. That is what this forum is for. Comments and Suggestions - You post 'em, and everyone puts in their 2 cents.

Originally posted by Budster64:
    Jimmy thanks for YOUR response. I'll just keep my comments to myself from now on.

jimmr13

Originally posted by The Big Q:
    We are not asking this, we are just giving our feedback to your suggestion. That is what this forum is for. Comments and Suggestions - You post 'em, and everyone puts in their 2 cents.

Jimmr thanks for YOUR response. I'll just keep my comments to myself from now on.
    Not trying to pi** you off, Not trying to hurt your feelings, Sorry if you took offence
    But Adminastrating and Moderating a mixed site, In/re: general public and Adult is a big problem, And I know Scott.
    But only my Grand mother ever called me jimmy. It's Jim or Jimmr! and I'm 53!

Originally posted by Mr. Jimmr:
    Originally posted by The Big Q:

Jimmr thanks for YOUR response. I'll just keep my comments to myself from now on.
    Not trying to pi** you off, Not trying to hurt your feelings, Sorry if you took offence
    But Adminastrating and Moderating a mixed site, In/re: general public and Adult is a big problem, And I know Scott.
    But only my Grand mother ever called me jimmy. It's Jim or Jimmr! and I'm 53!
    ok, now see I don't know much about administering a site that's why I was asking. Apology accepted, and perhaps I was being a bit too thin skinned also.
    I guess that does make perfect sense to me.
    thanks for the reply and I meant nothing by calling you Jimmy, my name is David and I hate it when people call me Dave ( god forbid they call me Davy) so believe me I understand.
    Thanks for the reply Jim

Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up

I'm not offended, but I definitely disagree with you about making it an adult forum!
    Just my opinion!
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

I really don't think we need an 'adult' forum here either. A little innuendo here and there--that doesn't hurt anything but lately some of the stuff went way past innuendo....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

innuendo....[/B]
    Funny........ very funny...
    If it aint broke, don't fix it....... If it's broke, buy a new one

We are public .. I like the tech lounge and yes some of the topics could be toned down alot (even ones i have posted in) .. but things like my tye-dye designs to Jimmr monthly warning letter to aliendye double takes are things the lounge was made for .. these are topics that have no real home .. bur going credit card (adult) is not a good choice ... and im way over 21 (even though i need to act it more) .. as i said the other day .. sometimes we all need a corner to stand in ... but this place is getting to be like old days and im happy .... and if im not complaing ... it must be better

this is public for kids 13 and over .. to kids like jimmr who have well .. seen a bit more in life and have grandkid that is learning computers at the ripe diaper age
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

3fingersalute

I agree with the geneal concensus, but as always, it is not up to us moderators at all, it is Driverdude's decision, but we can make a pretty good guess that he'll agree it's not a very good idea!!!!!!