Lazy boy case?

Thread: Lazy boy case?

Talking Lazy boy case?

A friend of mine and I (yes I have a friend) were talking about an idea to incorporate a Lazy boy chair with a built in PC.

Ok here are the details:

1. Swing open right armrest and a keyboard lifts out and lies across your lap

2. Left armrest flips back to reveal all your drives (DVD, CD, Floppy, ect).

3. A flat screen monitor would be harbored behind the headrest area of the chair; it would rise up out of the headrest and flip down or around to display directly in front of your face

4. The rest of the PC would be encased within the lower region of the chair. It would have a rugged metal case to ensure that the occasional "flopping" on the chair would not cause a problem.

The entire chair would appear to be a normal chair to the normal onlooker. The only strange sign would be the thick cable coming out of the chair!

Oh yea, the chair will be wireless so all that you would need is the power cord. There is a power stripe built in also.

What ya think? Would you buy one?

If I had the cash, I would try this.
    Steven Henry

I saw that a few months back in a MaximumPC issue. It was built inside an old Lazy-Boy and was funny to see how he had to screw all the parts down and stuff
    ...I don't get it...

That would be *so* cool.

I'd be so pumped for a chair like this, but why bother hiding everything? I say make it as apparent to the average person as possible. Once I'm in that chair, I'm not likely going to leave for a couple hours. I mean computing in comfort, with my cd rom tray as a cup holder.... can't find the words to express it
    hey, whatever helps you sleep at night

anyone willing to take this challenge on?
    (_|_) I AM EDITED BY WEBHEAD (_|_)

[quote]Originally posted by thunderwind:
    <strong>A friend of mine and I (yes I have a friend) were talking about an idea to incorporate a Lazy boy chair with a built in PC.

Ok here are the details:

1. Swing open right armrest and a keyboard lifts out and lies across your lap

2. Left armrest flips back to reveal all your drives (DVD, CD, Floppy, ect).

3. A flat screen monitor would be harbored behind the headrest area of the chair; it would rise up out of the headrest and flip down or around to display directly in front of your face

4. The rest of the PC would be encased within the lower region of the chair. It would have a rugged metal case to ensure that the occasional "flopping" on the chair would not cause a problem.

The entire chair would appear to be a normal chair to the normal onlooker. The only strange sign would be the thick cable coming out of the chair!

Oh yea, the chair will be wireless so all that you would need is the power cord. There is a power stripe built in also.

What ya think? Would you buy one?

If I had the cash, I would try this.</strong><hr></blockquote>

you forgot one thing.....

The chair needs wheels and a eletric motor so you can travel accross the room to the kitchen for a beer while working
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...uts/athlon.gif

Do you leak any fluids, do you have any bumps on your rear, do you have any unpleasant odors?
    If you answered yes to any of these then you are not qualified to own a new AMD ATHLON XP.
    If someone ask you if you are running the all-new fastest AMD ATHLON XP, just turn around and reply "WHY YES, AND ITS CERTIFIED"

http://www.daemonprojects.com/

Thumbs up

This one needs a bit of work:
    <a href="http://www.edgereview.com/ataglance.cfm?category=edge&ID=162" target="_blank">http://www.edgereview.com/ataglance.cfm?category=edge&ID=162</a>

I know many a person that would drool like crazy for a "Lazy-PC"! Wonder what it would cost to do something like that....hmmmm....(eyeing up my recliner)
    Life is short - Eat dessert first! mmmm... cake

If anyone in the South NJ area has a recliner to donate, I am going to use my present (soon to be replaced) PC to do this project. I am not very handy, so it may take a while.

I really don't want to buy a new lazyboy, just to tear it apart...who knows if I can get it back together again!

Thanks
    Steven Henry

What about adding in a toilet, a la Homer Simpson?

Make sure you have a wireless ethernet hooked up to that bad boy so when you Hot rod it to the fridge you don't have to drop the internet connection. haha

Proper placement of the case fan (or is that chair fan?) could really enhance the pleasure of the computing experience.
    Floor 1, Room 3572A, Section Cl9, Cubicle 2ZBG-Q45