[RESOLVED] Athlon MB which one ?????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [RESOLVED] Athlon MB which one ??????

flashy99uk

To everyone who has helped me with replies thankz very much for all your help. I hav'nt been on for a while been building the new system this is how i ended up !!!..

1.2g (266) with the Asus A7M266
    256 PC2100 DDR Ram.

Evergreen cooler, and a 300W PSU.

This mobo is the tops and very stable. I am would like to recommend the Asus mobo to anyone who is thinking of a similar setup.

Additional fan on back of case and the temp.
    is almost constant at approx. 47 deg C.

System fly's, in some cases having trouble holding it back !!!!

From ONE VER HAPPY JOE

Cheers once again all

##~Flashy99~##

Oh this thread makes me so happy, posting from the laptop, Asus A7M266 is in the system and 512 mb of DDR2100 is scheduled for UPS drop tomorrow morning. I can't wait, reading this is making it worth the extra day to get the memory.

Originally posted by Schui:
    I got the Epox KTA3+, and it rocks... 266fsb, 100ATA, etc etc... really easy board, and Onboard Diagnostics (the little Red digital Display) Looks COOL
    i agree, easy to set up.
    Mr Miyagi, by any other name... (is this sig short enough?)

Running new Iwill KA-266 with 512 meg DDR and 1.2 Athlon Raid 0 ATA100. Evertyhing runs well no overclocking but very satisfied with performance.

well i have been thing most likely about going w/ the abit board or the asus w/ a 1.33 tbird but i am intrested about the epox board can u get that w/o the ound on it???
    How do I set my laser printer to "stun"?
    I can't back up my hard drive, there's no reverse button.

From those two boards, definately choose the Asus. I've used many boards from vendors such as Abit, Gigabyte, Iwill, etc, and although they all make decent boards, the Asus products always come out to be the most stable and generally the best performing. I'm currently running an Asus A7V133 with 512MB PC133 SDRAM and a 900MHz Athlon and have no complaints. I have to agree with several of the others though, the Abit KT7 series is just as good. As far as the power supply get at LEAST a 300, since prices have dropped, if you can go higher, it definately wouldn't hurt. If you go for a DDR based solution though, stay clear of the ALi Magik1 chipset, get the AMD760 or the new VIA based one once products start appearing...
    My brain went into standby mode and I can't get it to wake up, is there a BIOS patch for this?

well compaqman i will most probable be going w/ the asus board in my system it seems to be well recomended by most ppl that i know
    How do I set my laser printer to "stun"?
    I can't back up my hard drive, there's no reverse button.

Unhappy

Go with the <h3>Asus A7M266 and 256 PC1600 DDR Ram</h3>, the board may cost a bit more, but if you want a Killer machine go for it. Also if you decide to go withPC-133 Memory check out DFI MB @ http://www.dfi.com. We will have a wholesale site up soon to buy on line, If you need a qoute call me @ (727) 599-2060.
    Computer Shop Owner A+ COMPTIA
    Tampa Bay Communications Inc
    http://www.smokinparts.com/smokinpartslogo

flashy99uk

Guys one thing to watch out for on the Asus
    A7M 266 boards is the small cooling fan fitted to the heatsink on the chipset.

I have had mine now for about a month and it appears Asus have fitted CHEAP quality fans
    onto the boards. Two of these boards that i know of, have had the fans getting very noisy
    and in some cases stopping and re-starting.

My supplier is replacing the two systems fans ,so watch out for further problems if you have one.

Otherwise as i said before a stormin board!!!

##~Flashy99~##