[RESOLVED] Athlon MB which one ??????
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Athlon MB which one ??????

flashy99uk

Angry Athlon MB which one ??????

I am thinking of upgrading to a 1.2GB athlon with 256Mb of DDR, but am unsure which one of these boards to go with pls can someone help.

Option 1 The Asus A7M266

Option 2 The Gigabyte GA-7DXR

Pls..Pls can someone help me to decide which one. Any probs encountered would be helpfull..

Also the ATX PSU i have is a 230W with 22A off the 24v rail.Will this be ok or will i need to update to a 300W unit..

Any help would be apreciated

Thankz in advance

------------------
    ##~Flashy99~##

*BSOD*

Not sure about the Motherboards but definatly need the 300-Watt PSU.
    I have had probs with the 230 Watt PSU and the T-Bird 1.1 GHz dropped in a 300 Watt PSU no probs.

Jvaguy

get the A7 pro .. and yes you need a 300watt .. you will burn the other up .. i have the A7 pro and love it and have had no problems whats so ever with my 1.1hgz

------------------
    I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

jr4112

If your going to go ddr right now the best board for overclocking is a IWILL KA-266_R. I just got mine today with a 256 stick of DDR I have a 1200 mhz unlocked and right now at 136mhz-10x multi @ 1360. Im ready to take to the limit...no probs..

jr4112

Talking

Well I got my iwillka266-r up to 146mhz with a 10x multiplier@ 1460 with voltage at 1.85 running for about an hour now with no probs cpu temp is at 45 celsius and case temp at 28 celsius holding steady..

ShAzAm

Talking

I own the IWILL KA266 and am running 256meg DDR and a 1.2 gigger. THIS ONE SCREAMS, even if you don't overclock! You will be reading about IWILL soon in the press. These guys seem to have it going on.

------------------
    "Good advice is only good if followed."
    ***poof***ShAzAm vanished!

ikarus1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ShAzAm:
    I own the IWILL KA266 and am running 256meg DDR and a 1.2 gigger. THIS ONE SCREAMS, even if you don't overclock! You will be reading about IWILL soon in the press. These guys seem to have it going on.
    </font>

The Abit KT7A w/good PC133 outperforms this board, even with DDR for alot less money and overclocked to ~150Mhz+ bus speeds

------------------
    If all you see is a beige metal box with wires and such, look again. Now turn it on....

Darren Wilson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ikarus1:

The Abit KT7A w/good PC133 outperforms this board, even with DDR for alot less money and overclocked to ~150Mhz+ bus speeds

</font>
    I agree with this one, even though I run PC100 with mine. I have seen the performance of the KT7A-RAID and a 133Mhz T-Bird and it flies.

------------------
    'I won't deny ya, I'm a straight Ridah, You don't wanna f#@k with me'
    Tupac Shakur
    '*****ionz as a Ridah'
    All Eyez On Me
    CD 1 Track 1.

jaimicook

A friend of mine convinced me to try the Jetway 663AS Pro MOBO, and I am extremely pleased with it. It had a problem of hanging on bootup, but a BIOS flash solved that. It has all the good options including 200 MHZ front side bus and DMA 100 support.
    jaimicook

Big Kev

Cool

I have just installed the 1.2g (266) with the Asus A7M266 and 256 PC1600 DDR Ram. The mobo is excellent and very stable. I am using the PC1600 DDR Ram as the PC2100 ram that the cpu should be using is very scarce in the UK and if found ridiculously expensive. I thoroughly recommend the Asus mobo. I am currently running the lot with a 250W unit and have no problems at all, so far!

CobraTekMax

ABIT KT7A/KT7A-RAID. Abit can make even a VIA chipset look good!

------------------
    I bet you're a real threat in the mucktuck-eating contest!

Between these two, I'd chose Asus all the way!

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." - Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

QSECOFR

I have an ASUS(an older one), and it runs like a champ! But my processor on the other hand....

------------------
    OS/400...At least it's not Microsoft.

I got the Epox KTA3+, and it rocks... 266fsb, 100ATA, etc etc... really easy board, and Onboard Diagnostics (the little Red digital Display) Looks COOL
    A General Protection Error has occured - Time to go home...

mrmojorisin

Arrow

Have to agree with Invisible_Man the Abit KT7A-RAID is an outstanding board I am running a 900mhz thunderbird overclocked 1.1ghz and it runs as smooth as anything. A highly recommended board.