[RESOLVED] DDR 1600 Ram vs. PC133 SDRAM - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [RESOLVED] DDR 1600 Ram vs. PC133 SDRAM

Thumbs up

i agree with Darren better wait and see we won`t have any things sure about the ddr and the chipset that support it,and another thing is i believe the flamers should just be banned,we don`t need this on this board,
    clauded

i'll treat it as new stuff and not worry about upgrading to it for a while (read next system about a year or less from now) as for cpu's not being able to handle the bandwidth there's always a choke point in a sytem be it the hard drive cdrom drive or whatever as far as problems go i know a few people who are running ddr systems and love em as for changing over a new sytem build i'd be tempted to try it as for me being sorta rambly on this post i'm sorta lit on my meds right now hehehe but it think you can understand what i'm getting at
    Ignorance can be fixed , but stupidity is forever
    or
    stupid people shouldn't breath let alone breed

Talking

Well fellas,

I went ahead and jumped into a DDR based board, 256meg PC2100 ram, and a 1.2 Athlon at 266 and have seen at best minimal gains. You can see a difference in mundane system activities like opening control panel and accessing catalogs, etc. It does zip along faster, but not for all the trouble it took to do the transplantation of board and all. The cost wasn't too bad.
    I have decided however through reading up on several reviews that I will keep my CPU and DDR ram and migrate to a AMD 761 based motherboard like the MSI K7 Master S. This chipset out of all the ones currently being stamped out, (Including the new VIA KT266), seems to be the best for DDR based systems. Laterz.............

"Good advice is only good if followed."
    ***poof***ShAzAm vanished!