[RESOLVED] What's the matter Mr Moderator ???

Thread: [RESOLVED] What's the matter Mr Moderator ???

PLaSMaNS

Post What's the matter Mr Moderator ???

- Quoting Darren Wilson -
    Posted March 13, 2001 09:06 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Topic Closed as it has been covered more times than I can remember previously.
    ------------------
    'I won't deny ya, I'm a straight Ridah, You don't wanna f#@k with me'
    Tupac Shakur
    '*****ionz as a Ridah'
    All Eyez On Me
    CD 1 Track 1.
    --------------------------

What was wrong with that thread ???

Of course i can understand that you had your share of AMD/Intel discussion, but why can't other people do ?

If in fact you DO think that the AMD forum is to much crowded with this exact type of post - why not make it a section ???

And the subject is OBVIOUSLY not out-of-date(why else would you be tired of it). For as long as techies will wanna talk and share their opinions, there will be a valid reason for a topic like this one.

I really don't wanna start a fight here, but in all honesty : *YOU* have had your share of it, not everyone, as the posts confirm.

------------------
    I don't exist
    In this present
    Space-Time phase
    Of existence

- Please leave a message.

Darren Wilson

Exclamation

The reason I closed the topic is that the same topic appears nearly every week. I will continue to close the 'Intel vs AMD' debates as they appear. This Question has been asked more times than any other question and all the answers can be found by using the Search option at the top.

------------------
    Tupac Shakur
    '*****ionz as a Ridah'
    All Eyez On Me
    CD 1 Track 1.

PLaSMaNS

Ok, maybe I wasn't clear :

Why would you wanna close a topic that people wanna talk about ?

-or maybe-

The Intel VS AMD topic will be alive for as long as these two company exist.

-then again-

Each and everyday that one of those two giants will relase a new code/technology/cpu/chipset, there will be place for such a topic.

-----------

Am i the only one worrying about this ?

------------------
    I don't exist
    In this present
    Space-Time phase
    Of existence

MacGyver

I support Darren 100% on this one! There are plenty of other places on the net where you can debate Intel vs. AMD, Ford vs. Chevy, or anything for that matter. These types of threads are really hard to moderate and they tend to get out of hand quickly. The moderators have their hands full as it is.

------------------
    Tech: "You need to pack up your entire computer and bring it back in to us."
    Customer: "Why?"
    Tech: "BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO OWN A COMPUTER!"

Darren Wilson

I can understand that the arguement will come up once new technologies are released and it is already being covered under 'Seriously, Athlon or Pentium 4' in the BIOS/Motherboard forum. So that is not a valid reason to keep this topic open. Multiple posts on the same subject will also be closed by all Moderators so to coserve server space..

------------------
    Tupac Shakur
    '*****ionz as a Ridah'
    All Eyez On Me
    CD 1 Track 1.

QSECOFR

I agree with Darren 100%. There is no need to have mutliple versions of the same topic open!. It is a waste of space, and bandwidth. If a topic is open for something, then use it! Don't create a new one

------------------
    OS/400...At least it's not Microsoft.

PLaSMaNS

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Darren Wilson:
    I can understand that the arguement will come up once new technologies are released and it is already being covered under ***'Seriously, Athlon or Pentium 4' in the BIOS/Motherboard forum.*** So that is not a valid reason to keep this topic open. Multiple posts on the same subject will also be closed by all Moderators so to coserve server space..

</font>
    Now THAT was a useful reply ! :^)

Thnx guys !
    I'll go ahead with the appropriate topic right now !

(Hey Daren, you should close this one before it gets out of hands ... kidding dude :^))

------------------
    I don't exist
    In this present
    Space-Time phase
    Of existence