CPU Overheating?

Thread: CPU Overheating?

Post CPU Overheating?

I just built myself an Athlon 1.4GHz and if I close the case, it starts making a continuous beep that never ends until i restart it. Also, the case gets hot. Does this beep mean the CPU ios overheating?

CPU temp is normally 60-70 degrees celcius, is this too much? If not how to I disable this alarm?

Thanks'
    "[...] drug companies are killing far more Americans than all terrorists, murderers and criminals combined [...]" - NewsTarget.com

60-70 C is too hot (from what everyone is telling me) I have a 1.33 Athlon that goes to 57 C. I just ordered a fan from www.coolerguys.com Thermalright sk-6...evryone tells me that this will bring the temp down...also try extra case fans...intake and exhaust..good luck

60-70 is not hat hot at all, a cpu can go up to 120, my 1.2ghz is runing at 90 never moves. I got a heatseak/fan from http://www.sidewindercomputers.com
    heres a picture
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...uts/athlon.gif

Do you leak any fluids, do you have any bumps on your rear, do you have any unpleasant odors?
    If you answered yes to any of these then you are not qualified to own a new AMD ATHLON XP.
    If someone ask you if you are running the all-new fastest AMD ATHLON XP, just turn around and reply "WHY YES, AND ITS CERTIFIED"

http://www.daemonprojects.com/

Darren Wilson

60-70 CELCIUS is too hot for constant usage. If it was FAHRENHIEIT then it is a different matter totally.

AMD Says that a cpu up to clock 1000 mhz should operate upto 90 C and 1100 and above should get to 95 C. But, I personally would prefer to stay as far below the min as possible. Just to be carefull not to overhear the capaciters on the Motherboard and dry them out, killing the board, and possibly killing the cpu as well. Here's Amd's tech docs.

Athlon tec doc.

Go to the Thermal design portion of the document.

This doc is a more through doc for all Amd's processers.

Amd's cooling documents.

I agree w/ Rocco, that's a little warm. Especially if it's spewing beeps. Even if you're not hurtin something, you're sacrificing performance. Get some case circulation going on as mentioned above, in and out preferably. The pictured fan above looks like a nice one. I prefer Global Win coolers for AMD's, they rock. Cool that Badalac down!
    If I had a hammer...

From gaseous clouds forming around Uranus

According to AMD 90c is max temp. You don't want to run that hot, if your processor is running that hot you have a cooling issue. 90-100f/33-40c is an ideal temp range for running any AMD processor. The cooler the better.
    "Oh my beloved Ice Cream Bar, how I love to lick your creamy center" - Ren

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Anything over 150 F is too hot.
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I build a lot of AMD systems,60 to 70 c is way to hot here is why.

The M/B moniter is always 5 to 15c off true temps because it is located below processor.

If you do not cool that processor it will soon be a KEY RING,Or a handy token that will remind you what heat does to a processor.

BUY THE SK6 pure copper heat sink with the delta 38 cfm fan.My 1.33 Idles at 28c and at max load hits 45c,with the sk6.

The Max temps Amd lists are accurate because thay use a bench and proper temperture reading tools,NOT A MOTHER BOARD MONITER THAT IS FOR SURE NOT DESIGNED FOR EXACT READINGS.