[RESOLVED] IWILL KA266-R Problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] IWILL KA266-R Problem

GtTech

Resolved [RESOLVED] IWILL KA266-R Problem

Ahoy guys,

I just purchased an IWILL KA266-R and am trying to install it. Whenever I turn on the machine, the motherboard powers on, and I get no more activity. On one of my other computers, I was trying to install a IWILL KK266+ and received the same error. Then I bought a Abit KT7A-R and it worked just fine. At the time I thought it was the board, but there is no way I got two bad IWILL boards.

It is a 1.2 Ghz processor, with 256 MB PC2100 Crucial RAM. I don't know of anything else that would cause the machine not to post.

The RAM is in dimm0 and has been tried in all slots. I don't see why the machine won't at least POST. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Brian Horton

Probably your RAM, as the Abit board you mentioned does not support DDR, so the RAM is the only component that is different.

Head down to your local store and pick up a stick of RAM. Doesn't matter what brand it is, because if the stick you bought works, return it and then tell Crucial that your current stick isn't working and they will replace it for free (I think).