Freezing problem since power problem

Thread: Freezing problem since power problem

Post Freezing problem since power problem

This morning the power kind of went out for a fraction of a second and caused the PC to freeze (image stayed froze on display, but nothing worked). Since then the PC seems to freeze at random times for a few seconds (mouse/keyboard stop), if I was typing somethign while it's froze, it appears on the screen after it unfreezes.

Is this caused by the power outage? Is my PC damaged???

Thanks
    "[...] drug companies are killing far more Americans than all terrorists, murderers and criminals combined [...]" - NewsTarget.com

Is this computer at home or at work. What else is connected to the same power circuit? Same circuit breaker? If anything else is connected to it as well, is power dropping for these items as well? Unstable power can cause all kinds of problems. Check to see if it is the power or your computers power supply that is causing the problem. Make certain that the connections are not loose. If so, does it happen when you move anything? If the problem is the power that you plug into, then a UPS may be a good help unless you can move the computer to a place with more stable power until you can get it corrected. If not, then a UPS is a good purchase even if power is lost for several minutes or more, but you will still need to get the power checked and corrected if it isn't the power supply on the computer that is the problem.
    God is all knowing, I am just human.

Surge protectors are good to have. Does the monitor seem to shutoff when it locks? If not then it probably didn't affect the power supply. Might be the motherboard or the video card.

ClickHere2Surf.com

The problem seems to have dissapeared, I have a lot of stuff on the same circuit:
    -TV
    -VCR
    -Printer
    -PC
    -Monitor
    -Sound system
    -Cable modem
    -Wireless Phone
    -Intel wireless base station
    -Handheld PC
    -Fan
    -Scanner

I think it may have been a coincidence because I didn't have any problems since that day.