Heat sink help

Thread: Heat sink help

Post Heat sink help

OK, I have this "customer" (sometimes I call him "my Dad") who decided to replace his own CPU. He has an Aopen AK73Pro mobo, and pulled his 1Ghz T-bird in favor of a 1.3 (don't ask). Anyway, while replacing the HSF, he snapped the ear off the ZIF socket. So now I cannot attach the HSF with the clip.

I know there are Heat sinks out there that use the 4 holes around the socket, but I can't seem to find any but the Zalman, which I will NOT use. Anybody know of another company that makes a HS that uses these holes?

TIA, and hello to all the old WD people who still don't hate me. I miss you guys *SNIFF*!

Hi RW, this might be what you're looking for: <a href="http://www.amdworld.co.uk/alpha1.htm" target="_blank">http://www.amdworld.co.uk/alpha1.htm</a>

Thanks, Mac! That may do the trick. Also looking at the Swiftech mc462 as a possible. All these seem pretty expensive compared to the standard clip-type. I realize the are for "performance" apps, but $50+? That's like half a proc, or half a new mobo....

Good to see ya again, BTW!

The clip type are cheaper to make, hence the price difference and popularity. But with all the different board configurations these days, sometimes you don't have a choice in the HSF dept.