Hi, folks,

I used to be able to write CD Text using my Acer 1208A and Nero 5.x without any problems. I'd rip a few tracks off various music CDs as MP3s, drag the MP3s over in Nero, and voila! An instant, CD Text-enabled audio CD. I could listen to the audio CD in Windows Media Player and have the info pop up on-screen. I could also make a copy of a CD in Nero and grab CDDB data online to fill in the CD Text data. This worked too.

Unfortunately, with Nero 5.5.x.x, something's gone awry with the CD Text feature on my burner. I ripped about 75 WMA files from CDs in my collection. No digital rights enabled in Windows Media Player. Installed Nero 5.5.4.0 and started burning audio CDs. Checked the properties of not only the audio CDs, but also the WMA track properties. All CD Text information was there.

When I finish burning the audio CDs, however, Windows Media Player won't display the CD Text information, and no other CD player apps will read the CD Text information.

What gives? I upgraded to Nero 5.5.7.2 and it completely lost support for CD Text on my Acer 1208A. The recorder properties NEVER said that CD Text was unsupported before. So, I went all the way back to Nero 5.5.1.8 and burned another audio CD. Same thing -- no CD Text information is being read in Windows Media Player or other CD player apps.

Is it the WMA format? MP3s did the same thing, so I would think not. Should I give up and go back to Nero 5.0? I've seen this question asked a lot on newsgroups. I'm hoping you folks can give me a better answer here -- something I've not already tried, like checking the CD Text box in Nero. That falls under the "Duh!" category of answers I've seen.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. My specs are listed below for reference.

Thanks,
burnsmr4

Desktop
-------------------------
Abit KG7-RAID (BIOS 5W)
AMD 1.2GHz Athlon (266FSB)
Taisol CGK742092 w/ Sunon fan
2 Antec 80mm 3-pin case fans
Enermax 350W ATX EG365P-VE
512MB Unbuffered Crucial PC2100 DDR
Gainward CardExpert GeForce2 Pro/450
Dell 19" M990