Hey guys,

I have just a quick tech question. I recently built an Athlon system with a 1.33 Ghz thunderbird on a MS-6380 mainboard (VIA KT266 Pro) with 256 MB of PC-2100 ddr ram. All was going well until I decided to replace the heatsink and fan. Well, I must have been in a hurry because I don't think I attached it right the first SEVERAL times and had to keep fiddling with it. Everyhting in WIN2k seems fine, except my jpegs look like snow on a TV set in any MS app, my sound is choppy, and the 3d effects in windows are badly corrupted. Other than that, this baby is stable. I have read posts talking about bad AMD chips that had this problem and needed to be replaced, but i think I may have chipped the core during my ridiculously bad heatsink installation. I examined it and the core was badly chipped on all sides. Now, I plan to give the mobo to somebody with a new processor. I guess my question is whether you all think my probs are chip related or maybe the mobo might be bad? Let me know...

PS - Tried all the obvious stuff (new video board, drivers, uninstall/reinstall) and made sure the bios was set to the factory defaults (no overclocking)

Thanks,
Evan