[RESOLVED] Computer shuts off all the time

Thread: [RESOLVED] Computer shuts off all the time

GIMP_BIZKIT

Angry Computer shuts off all the time

I just put a new Amptron PM585B board with a K6-2 400 chip in an ATX case. It has AWARD BIOS and is running WIN 98. My problem is that the power shuts off for no reason (it would seem) all the time. Sometimes windows wont even get booted up. Other times it will stay on for hours and shut off. Is my problem
    in the BIOS or a bad power supply?

Hummm, that only happens to me when my system is overclocked to far. You have a nice fan/heatsink on that chip right?

awt586

Talking

Had same prob on Wifes PC. AWARD's Power Management Features and Windows conflict. Disable the Power Management in system BIOS and let Windows work it. I prefer not to use this as i thnk it's a crock, Never saved my Power Bill when I did Try it. Anyway, Try this and everything should work okay.

P.S. By Default, after 30 min, Win98 on Wifes PC will put monitor in standby.

------------------

GIMP_BIZKIT

It was shutting off before I ever installed Windows. I have it set with a 100mhz bus and mutipier of 4 at 2.2 volts. That shouldn't be overclocking it. Also if it stays on for too long it gets really slow and says not enough memory to run this program. I have 64MB of pc 100 sdram. Could a back memory card cause all of my problems?

Ok now I'll say try another power supply
    Also make sure your ram is seated right. Maybe move it to another spot, that too can casue restarts.

Firepuppy

I had the same problem be surfing and all of a sudden my computer would reset well i found the problem and it may be just your problem i have an shuttle board with a award bios and in the bios under the power management option you have to disable everything i thought i did but i missed my hard drive and as soon as i disabled it it cured my problems