[RESOLVED] AMD K6-2 450Mhz

Thread: [RESOLVED] AMD K6-2 450Mhz

[Herbal]

Exclamation AMD K6-2 450Mhz

Hi all, I'm not sure.. but I've been told that the 450 runs very hot and should be clocked down to 300 if things start locking up. Is this true? I mean, I payed a fair amount of cash for my processor and find it disgusting that we should have to lose out on 150Mhz due to design problems or whatever the case may be. Perhaps someone here can shed some light on the matter. Please e-mail me with any comments.

Regards
    [Herbal]
    [email protected]

Actually, AMD has done something about it. They have a 450 with a 2.2 core voltage. I got one of the last ones with 2.4 core voltage but I have never had a problem with overheating. Right now I am at 120 degrees on the chip and 82 degrees on the board which is not bad considering how warm it is in my house.

------------------
    I always do what the voices in my head tell me!

Exclamation

If you are having problems with over heating you should 1. Make sure you have a CPU heat sink with a cooling fan on it and some kind of heat sink bonding agent should be used between the CPU and the heat sink. 2. Double-check your voltage jumper settings on your motherboard. 3. Also check the temp inside of the computer case. Is you power supply fan running, if not replace it. If there is a lot of dust, vacuum it out.

Noleafclover

Thumbs up

I have a k6-2 450 and It runs 98 at 123F but when I play a game it may heat to 130F if your worried about over heating get a Cpu Idle it brought my CPU down to 110F Bigger fan is always better!
    P.S my K6-233 runs at 135F

K6-2 350@450 2.7 volts
    Runs around 50-60C and frys bacon to a crisp in minutes. Keep your processor at 450 and hit the nut that said down clock to 300

SteveHebe

Thumbs up

I also use the 450 and have had no problems overheating.

May sound trivial, but have you tried running RAIN or WaterfallPro?