[RESOLVED] cpu and system overheating

Thread: [RESOLVED] cpu and system overheating

vinny_24

Post cpu and system overheating

Hi Im a new user and also a new user of AMD.I have a AMD tbird 700mhz 200 oem, on a Amd k7 mainboard. The model name is GA-7ZX and a via kt133 chip set.

My cpu temp is 78c
    My system temp is 46c
    cpu has a cooler master on it. I can't find out wy it's overheating.

Also i was thinking if my cpu is a good match with my motherboard.

Ok...1. Make sure your HSF has good contact with the CPU. 2. Make ABSOLUTELY sure that that CoolerMaster is one of the BIG ones...not the dinky ones meant for Socket 7 Processors...check the model number and CoolerMaster's site and make sure it's actually FOR Athlon 1GHz+. Third...make sure your mobo's thermal sensor ain't malfunctioning...I had a Gigabyte show me 400 degrees F on a CPU once...for about 3 hours.

------------------
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+
    [email protected]
    Bryan Pizzuti
    CompTIA A+, CNAP
    [email protected]
    ICQ # 8525092
    Yahoo Messenger: npaladin_2000

In one of the really, really Blue states.

I would not run that computer til you get the heat under control. You are in immediate danger of frying the chip.(if thats the correct temp). First make sure the hsf is centered on the cpu chip. on tbirds they usually have a thermal tape that has some give, so the hsf has some serious downward pressure. you should make sure that the hsf connectors are not bent, and reducing the downward tension. BTW is that a Gigabyte mobo?
    For the tbird you only have two chipset choices the AMD and the via kt. So whether that is a gigabye or an amd that is the correct board for that chip. BTW what is the core voltage reading?
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

Vinny

Originally posted by vinny_24:
    Hi Im a new user and also a new user of AMD.I have a AMD tbird 700mhz 200 oem, on a Amd k7 mainboard. The model name is GA-7ZX and a via kt133 chip set.

My cpu temp is 78c
    My system temp is 46c
    cpu has a cooler master on it. I can't find out wy it's overheating.

Also i was thinking if my cpu is a good match with my motherboard.

thankyou everyone for your help!!

Vinny,are You used special termal compound for processor? If no, it should be done.