Support for CDR/CDRW through OS changes? What support?

Thread: Support for CDR/CDRW through OS changes? What support?

Angry Support for CDR/CDRW through OS changes? What support?

I am peeved with HP.

My HP 7200i, which I bought in large part to back up data/driver libraries, will not work with Windows 2000. Well, not quite. It will work, but the HP/Veritas software that came with it won't, and HP has no intention of providing any software upgrades.

Yes, I know that I can order an upgrade copy of Easy CD 4.x with Direct CD which will work with Windows 2000. It will cost me about $25 US, which is not completely outrageous. What is outrageous, though, is that to order it I have phone technical support and pay another $25 US out-of-warranty service fee for the privilege of buying software from them. Uggghhhh!!!!

Not impressed. No support for the backup software!!! Gouging on the "service call!"

I also have a Sony CRX120e for which I don't seem able to get much in the way of Windows 2000 support. I can get it to work as a burner but not as a rewriter.

I will probably have to buy a new CDRW. It won't be an HP or a Sony model.

Has anyone had any positive experience with CDRWs in the transition from earlier OSs to Windows 2000? Any recommendations for a new CDRW?

[This message has been edited by houseisland (edited January 12, 2001).]

StevePorter

Red face

I bought the software upgrade from HP (~$13US including S&H) so I could use my HP 9100i with W2K. It works great. If you're interested, I'll see if I can ZIP the CD and e-mail it to you (probably in chunks that you can subsequently reassembled). I'll need to check on the size. Let me know...

Thanks again, Steve.