[RESOLVED] Intel D815EEAAL and C366

Thread: [RESOLVED] Intel D815EEAAL and C366

blscarr

Question Intel D815EEAAL and C366

I am Intrested in Buying a Intel D815EEAAL Mobo. i curently have a Celeron 366 PPGA processor. Intel does not list this Processor on its compatablity list , the slowest celeron they list is a 500. has anyone tested this mother board with anything slower than a 500?

------------------
    Let me wknow when the worls has ended!

blscarr

Thumbs up

well i guess I will reply to myself.

it does work, i took the chance. it is safe to say that the Intel D815EA will work with any Intel 370 Processor.

Intel boards are great if you want a stable system. worthless if you want to over clock. I would rather have a stable system , than a fast system, that crashes all the time

Tom Keefer

How 'bout a little positive reinforcement? I put my system together last fall based on the Intel D815EEA mobo with a Pentium III 733 CPU and it is extremely stable. Even running ME (now watch me crash and burn <G>).

------------------
    Tom

blscarr

Thumbs up

i'm running windows 2000 on it and i acualy stoped using my p II 450 256 megs ram because the D815 with 128 megs ram is acaulty fast for 3-d games , i know its the video , i'm running the base 815 onboard video, on the p II i have a 8 meg Sis agp card.

I never amagined that onboard video cound perform like this.

------------------
    Let me wknow when the worls has ended!

Hey, do you guys work for Intel?

Just kidding!! In the shop where I work I design all the systems and I found the board to be very reliable and it makes one heck of a budget system when you match it with a 600 celery. Not the best sound card in the world but the Creative 128 is better than some of the integrated sound on other boards.

------------------
    You spend your whole life believing that you're on the right track,
    only to discover that you're on the wrong train.