[RESOLVED] soyo 7vca and celeron 2 600

Thread: [RESOLVED] soyo 7vca and celeron 2 600

seahawk

soyo 7vca and celeron 2 600

i have a soyo sy-7vca mb and a celeron 600 flip-chip. i have it clocked to 747mhz (9*83) and it's rock solid. when i try to bump the fsb to 85 or higher it immediately locks up... i read that soyo boards used to have jumpers to set fsb range, ie. 66-83, 85-115, 117-140, but the fsb should be able to be set from 66-150 through bios setup. there are jumpers near the socket that show how to set for cyrix III or Intel, but i can't find any documentation on this. any suggestions??? i don't really see a 18mhz core difference causing the problem... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks. seahawk.

compaqman

I have a 6VCA, which is identical to your board only uses the Slot 1 interface. I've never had much luck overclocking any CPU on this board be it a Celeron or P3. Soyo usually releases updated manuals and adendums on their website pertaining to jumper settings. I've noticed that their Taiwanese site is usually more up to date then the US site.

------------------
    Net Appliances: The Next Generation... The USB Toaster.

MDD1963

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by seahawk:
    i have a soyo sy-7vca mb and a celeron 600 flip-chip. i have it clocked to 747mhz (9*83) and it's rock solid. when i try to bump the fsb to 85 or higher it immediately locks up... i read that soyo boards used to have jumpers to set fsb range, ie. 66-83, 85-115, 117-140, but the fsb should be able to be set from 66-150 through bios setup. there are jumpers near the socket that show how to set for cyrix III or Intel, but i can't find any documentation on this. any suggestions??? i don't really see a 18mhz core difference causing the problem... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks. seahawk.</font>
    I also had a SY 6VCA, which allowed a 600E to run at 828 with no core voltage increases necessary, at least not for that particular cpu.

Have you tried bumping up the cpu core voltage by .05 or .1V? I highly doubt the 600 will make much higher than 800 or 850 without bumping up the core voltage a bit....

It's also possible that you will have better luck attempting to jump all the way to 100 MHz FSB (900 MHz) vice hitting 86-95 MHz FSB...at the higher bus speed of 100, the correct dividers kick in, allowing your PCI (33 MHz)and AGP freqs (66 MHz)to be in spec.

seahawk

yeah, i've tried to increase the core voltage and also tried the default bios settings @100mhz fsb... still no luck... the funny thing is on this board around the socket are 4 jumpers (1 soldered to short) the other 3 are to choose btwn a cyrix(VIA) III or Intel P3/Celeron... yet when i change them around it doesn't make a difference... maybe i'll flash an older version of the bios and try.... can always flash back (or buy a new one from soyo for $30) anyway thanks for the suggestions, but i've tried just about everything i can think of... i've also tried software to set FSB after SU and still the same thing =<83 ok >83 it immediately locks up..... oh well...