[RESOLVED] Can I overclock my Celeron 400?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Can I overclock my Celeron 400?

Simonvdv

Question Can I overclock my Celeron 400?

Can I overclock my Celeron 400? I have a QDI BrillianX 1S/2000 with BIOS dated 7th Jan 2000. I have heard that I am able to increase the FSB to 100Mhz to create a 600Mhz system. Unfortunately my SoftCPU settings only allow up to 83Mhz FSB. On the motherboard itself, however, there is a jumper which allows you to force the FSB to 100Mhz (JFSB1). When this setting is enabled, the system will power on but the screen remains blank. Any suggestions?
    P.S. I am using 256Mb PC100 SDRAM, a Voodoo3 3000, SB Live! Platinum, Maxtor 15.3 Gb HDD and an AdvanSys PCI SCSI Ultra SCSI card for my CD-ROM and CD-RW drives.

------------------
    Overclock it till it melts!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Simonvdv:
    Can I overclock my Celeron 400? I have a QDI BrillianX 1S/2000 with BIOS dated 7th Jan 2000. I have heard that I am able to increase the FSB to 100Mhz to create a 600Mhz system. Unfortunately my SoftCPU settings only allow up to 83Mhz FSB. On the motherboard itself, however, there is a jumper which allows you to force the FSB to 100Mhz (JFSB1). When this setting is enabled, the system will power on but the screen remains blank. Any suggestions?
    P.S. I am using 256Mb PC100 SDRAM, a Voodoo3 3000, SB Live! Platinum, Maxtor 15.3 Gb HDD and an AdvanSys PCI SCSI Ultra SCSI card for my CD-ROM and CD-RW drives.

</font>
    If they didn't include 100mhz in Softmenu the board probably isn't stable at 100mhz. Its probably not a heat issue since it doesn't even post. How does it run at 83mhz?

------------------
    "You dumb bastard...it's not a schooner, it's a sailboat!"

x_789

Are you using pc100 memory or pc66? X

cheras

If that's the case, probaly the max FSB you can go is 83, try jack up the voltage to the Celeron, and change the mem timings and also add a bigger fan to the processor might help sometimes.

------------------
    No matter what,
    No matter where,
    If broadband connection is there,
    It's always HOME.

x_789

IF you got overclocking issues you need only make one stop on the super information highway www.tomshardware.com this guy is the Sh%t when it comes to over clocking everything you could ever want. X

Simonvdv

I forgot to say that the board doesn't have any voltage jumpers and that the SpeedEasy function is supposed to automatically adjust the voltage. The highest FSB setting is 83Mhz but anything higher or lower than 60Mhz, even 68Mhz, is unstable and erases my C Drive. I end up with a load of rubbish and I have to reformat the partition. I already have a decent-sized CoolerMaster fan fitted to the CPU. The motherboard is Slot 1 and the CPU is mounted on an OEM slocket converter card. If you didn't catch it before, i am using PC100 memory (2x128MB CAS2). Thanks for the suggestions though.

------------------
    Overclock it till it melts!!

[This message has been edited by Simonvdv (edited January 29, 2001).]