[RESOLVED] PC Cases

Thread: [RESOLVED] PC Cases

vipervenom69

Resolved [RESOLVED] PC Cases

I'm pretty new at this stuff so I don't know too much but what kind of case do I get for the P3's and P4's, an AT or ATX?

Riker!

Cool

Your after an ATX case. Cause all the PIII and P4 mobos will be ATX. AT is a dead form factor.

------------------

Fistmaster

Talking

Glad its dead,I hate it when the m*f****** wriggling about, makes it hard to stuff the mobo in...

------------------
    _ ___________________ _
    Windows, what you throw your PC out of

MDD1963

<<Cause all the PIII and P4 mobos will be ATX. >>

The P4 uses/requires a format called ATX12V if I'm not mistaken....exra power connector on MB for supplying an extra power source for cpu. You will be out of luck with a p4 and a standard ATX case.

DaOnly123Kid

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MDD1963:
    <<Cause all the PIII and P4 mobos will be ATX. >>

The P4 uses/requires a format called ATX12V if I'm not mistaken....exra power connector on MB for supplying an extra power source for cpu. You will be out of luck with a p4 and a standard ATX case.
    </font>

i believe you are correct, the best case for the p4 i have seen is the one made by inwin

Sparky625

If you're getting a P3, I love cases by Antec. They're good about sharp edges, have good stand-on-ability and usually have great accesibilty features. I've got a <a href="http://www.apushardware.com/?action=hardware&id=5">SX1030</a>, only black. It's groooovy.

------------------
    Thank you for calling the support desk! How may I disconnect you today?

techman17

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Riker!:
    Your after an ATX case. Cause all the PIII and P4 mobos will be ATX. AT is a dead form factor.

</font>
    The AT form factor isn't dead. Ever look at TigerDirect or anything similar. True, ATX is the industry standard but I see alot of AT motherboards at the local PC store. Shuttle makes a good AT board!

------------------
    He who gives up liberty for security gains neither --Benjamin Franklin

arcade

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sparky625:
    If you're getting a P3, I love cases by Antec. They're good about sharp edges, have good stand-on-ability and usually have great accesibilty features. I've got a <a href="http://www.apushardware.com/?action=hardware&id=5">SX1030</a>, only black. It's groooovy.

</font>
    I just bought an antec performance series 1040, it's brill. 4 fans, clip in 5.25 peripherals, 300w p/s. pity the 400w p/s version was not available.
    the only thing about black, is the peripherals are all standard "cream/grey" !!!
    now wouldn't it be good if they were like mobile phones; covers you could change yourself?