[RESOLVED] Intel Celeron 733 processor m/board probs

Thread: [RESOLVED] Intel Celeron 733 processor m/board probs

p0gie

Post Intel Celeron 733 processor m/board probs

I just went out today and bought a celeron 733 processor to replace my tired 300a. When I stuck it in my machine however.... nothing...

I take it this is a problem relating to my motherboard not being able to take the processor. I have a commate p2bxa. I would appreciate it if someone could confirm this for me and what motherboard I need for it.

Cheers

p0gie

x_789

Angry

do you know what kind of bios it has ? I have tried searching commates site and i guess you already know its down? .X

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"

You need any motherboard that supports Socket-370 processors.

Before getting a new one, though, try to see why the old one isn't working with the new CPU. Maybe a BIOS Update would help.

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." - Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Sweet PC

I think that the only solution will be of buying a new motherboard. I suggest you to buy an Asus or an Abit. Maybe a SOYO with a Intel 810E Chipset like me would help!

Good luck men!

------------------
    "Even if we don't like Windows.....and Bill Gates, we all have Windows on our computer!"

tyroneshu

Definaltly a new motherboard
    My recomendation is a Epox board
    EP-3VCA Works great and is a lot cheaper then abit or asus