[RESOLVED] Wanted- Info on Dual Flip Chip board?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Wanted- Info on Dual Flip Chip board?

Darren Wilson

Resolved [RESOLVED] Wanted- Info on Dual Flip Chip board?

Does anyone know of such a board that is available?? I was going to go for the Abit BP6 but upon reading upon their site the board does not support the Flip Chip anyway (for any doubters read HERE )so I cannot go with that one.

Don't want to go for a dual Slot 1 board as I have been offered a cracking deal on Flip Chip Processors adn I don't feel confident with the Slot-Ket convertors.

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????

For a different ' angle ' on life visit my NEW homepage @ The Carpers Lodge - The UK's No.1 Non-Commercial / Independant Carp Angling Website

Haven't found much yet, but, here's an article that might interest you:
    www.computernerd.com/futu30.html
    and www.computernerd.com/futu18h.html

Check out the new Asus CUR-DLS
    http://www.asus.com/

It's a dog eat dog world out there, and there isn't enough dog to go around. So get as much dog as you can, before all the dogs gone.

Darren Wilson

Shame the Asus board has an onboard ATI card

It looks perfect apart from the onboard video and the lack of an AGP slot.

Oh well the quest continues........

------------------

For a different ' angle ' on life visit my NEW homepage @ The Carpers Lodge - The UK's No.1 Non-Commercial / Independant Carp Angling Website

Check out the MS 694D Pro at http://www.msicomputer.com/products/...?ProductID=141

Good luck.
    A+ MCSE CCNA

Darren Wilson

Looks good!!! Shame abouthte onboard sound Why are board manufacturers putting onboard sound on their boards??? I know damn well I am not going to use it and begrudge paying for it!!!

------------------

CQ 75 DX

Go to motherboards.org, they have a listing of the major board manufacturers. Thats where I go to find something new.

replier

If you are still searching for a dual flip chip board Darren, check this out.
    If you want to do some more research regarding the BP6 and the issues supporting flip chip processors with that board, go to www.bp6.com They have a link to www.powerleap.com whom have developed a flip chip socket convertor called the NEO S-370 so it will allow you to use 2 pIII processors. Abit also plans to manufacture a newer revision of the bp6 to take care of the flip chip issue. I'm using one right now with two standard celeron 466's overclocked to 525mhz each to get over a 1ghz with both combined together. I'm not an extreme overclocker like some other people, I still want stability. I plan to order two of those powerleap NEO s-370's when the higher end PIII's get lower in price. Check it out if you are still interested.

Darren Wilson

Mmmm SOunds interesting. The only thing that worries me is the converters. I hae neer had much faith in these items (especially teh SlotKet type). I may plump for the Microstar board in teh end unless someone else brings out a board without the need fo rconverters or onboard Sound & VGA.

------------------

do you want dual pIII's or dual celeronII's, because i know that intel has disabled the ability to run 2 cpus for the celeronII's.

also, two 525 mhz cpu's doesn't mean that you are running at over one ghz, you are just running two threads at 525 mhz each
    So, so busy lately. Oh, where do I start?