[RESOLVED] PIII 700 temps

Thread: [RESOLVED] PIII 700 temps

Romchip

Resolved [RESOLVED] PIII 700 temps

Just a quickie - what temps do people get running a PIII 700(fc-pga) @ original spec.

I currently get 32 degrees C on chip and 25 degrees C system temp when viewed in the bios PC health check screen.

I have artic silver between core & heatsink and 2 case fans one front/ one back (cheap ones) both blowing in as PSU fan extracts.

Any info much appreciated.

------------------
    What do you mean 'its all my fault?'...

CREEPINGDEATH

although i don't have the 700mhz pentium 3 it sounds like to have it running pretty cool. I wish i could get mine that chilly.

------------------
    What Me Worry?

Romchip

Smile

What chip are you running? What temp?

------------------

MacGyver

Your temps are excellent! Anything that's only a few degress above room temperature is stuff of the cooling gods. You're golden man. What happens to the temps if you're running some CPU or graphic intensive programs?

------------------
    sHIFT hAPPENS

Romchip

Smile

Nice! Alright then, whats the best method for gaining temp information whilst putting the cpu under load? Surely by the time you quit the application and reboot into bios the cpu will have cooled?

------------------

CREEPINGDEATH

I'm running a pentium 3 550E mhz overclocked to 733mhz!

hehe pretty damn hot but stable

------------------
    What Me Worry?

CREEPINGDEATH

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Romchip:
    Nice! Alright then, whats the best method for gaining temp information whilst putting the cpu under load? Surely by the time you quit the application and reboot into bios the cpu will have cooled?

</font>
    well the most simple way is to get yourseld a compunurse temp sensor and cut it into a 5.25 bay and tape the sensor as close to the proccessor as possible. It won't give you an exact measure but it'll give you the general idea. (looks pretty cool too, i used a Black&Decker rotary tool)

------------------
    What Me Worry?

Romchip

Smile

Didn't consider an external sensor - duh!

You still didn't say what temp your 550@733 is running at? I have just replaced a 550 katmai that I was running at 600. It clocked temps of about 51-52 degrees C!

------------------

CREEPINGDEATH

yeah it was running hot at about 35-50 Celseus

------------------
    What Me Worry?

MacGyver

Lightbulb

Whats the best method for gaining temp information whilst putting the cpu under load? Surely by the time you quit the application and reboot into bios the cpu will have cooled?</font>
    Download a freeware motherboard temp monitoring utility that runs in the Windows tray. I use MBProbe. Motherboard Monitor is another. This way you can run graphics intensive software (time for a frag fest! ) and then task switch back to the desktop to check the temps.

Personally I don't think you have anything to worry about, you're temp's are really low and even under heavy load the temps wouldn't increase much.

------------------
    sHIFT hAPPENS

adamneal

My PIII 700 runs at around 23C idle and up to about 27-28C under full load (after 4 hours using prime 95). When this is OCd to 980 and the core voltage is up to 1.85v I see around 28C idle and about 34C full load. ambient temperature is generally around 23C.

Adam

MDD1963

</font>
    There are quite a few sites with links to a program called MB monitor, which works well for a wide variety of chipsets...toss me an E-mail address, and I'll E-mail it to you...

[email protected]