[RESOLVED] How Do I overclock my Pentium II 350?

Thread: [RESOLVED] How Do I overclock my Pentium II 350?

Infernalzz

Resolved [RESOLVED] How Do I overclock my Pentium II 350?

How Do I overclock my Pentium II 350? If you could please tell me in detail..preferably with pictures. I have heard you have to do something with the jumpers and stuff but Im not sure. Please help!!

MacGyver

Judging by the way you're talking, overclocking is definitely NOT for you. There are literally thousands of processor and motherboard combinations and there isn't one magic method to do it. If you want to seriously pursue this, then I would suggest www.hardocp.com or www.overclockers.com as starting points.

I have been working with computers for over 13 years and I would not overclock anything.

My blunt recommendation is "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT OR IT WILL NEED FIXING!!!!

Jumpers and "Stuff"???? Oh my....

------------------
    sHIFT hAPPENS

Thumbs up

I fully agree!

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." - Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

kingsizer

Exclamation

Hmm. So you want to overclock? And you know nothing about your hardware apart from the fact that you have a PII350. Hmm. Ok. You want pictures too? Hmm.
    Step1: Accept that you may loose a considerable amount of hardware if you choose to overclock. Consider the benefits of upgrading (RAM, graphics cards etc)
    Step2: Identify ALL your hardware (Case, PSU, Mobo, CPU, RAM, HDD, 3DFX, Modem etc...)
    Step3: Download (if possible) all the manuals for your hardware and read them and understand them. Pay particular attention to your motherboards documentation. If you don't understand it, read some more.
    Step4: Reconsider any upgrade.
    Step5: As you know your hardware, and have some hardware monitoring (CPU temp is essential, voltages preferrable, case temp optional) you'll know if you can just set the clock multiplier a little higher, or just change the FSB speeds - knowing, of course that you are likely to be clocking the bus on all your other components (did you really need that graphics card ayway?). After the system has past POST, test it using something like Quake III for a few hours. When you're finally happy that its stable, come back here and blag about how high you managed to clock it.

------------------
    --(=):>

x_789

Well no one was born knowing how to overlcock. Though i dont recomend it to the novice I dont see a need to be as brash as some of the forementioned people. So if you want to know how here is the best place for info http://www6.tomshardware.com/guides/overclocking/ .X

------------------
    No really That paper thingy you took out of the box with all the words on it was not packing material its called a "MANUAL"

Cable Modem Tech

www.overclockers.com that is where i got my start. make friends with an experienced techie... hands on experience will be golden
    pick up a piecer machine for your first run at it though... yeah your 350 mhz is not the hottest thing out there but it still prob is a decent machine... pick up an old p 133 or p 166 and clock your heart out.... if ya pop it you will still have a computer around that works
    good luck

------------------
    They get mad when they come to raid my pad and i'm out in the nine duece cad.

CREEPINGDEATH

If your serious about it you should check out SoftFSB.

sorry i don't have the URL handy right now but if ya can't find it i will.

------------------
    What Me Worry?