[RESOLVED] overclocking P75 (speed deamon)

Thread: [RESOLVED] overclocking P75 (speed deamon)

[stealth]

Talking overclocking P75 (speed deamon)

dont laugh, its not my pc, i built it for my dads shop from old parts and it runs ok, apart from when typing presentations with lot of images and you scroll down the page, apart from that ok, but i think that i should give overclocking a go. never done it before in my life so can someone tell me how to do it, i will get the hang of it quite easy,

its a
    • Pentium 75mhz
      28mb RAM
      Socket 7 motherboard, and i think its a VIA motherboard

thats all i can remember right now cos its late here and im off to bed. anything else you need to know gimme a shout

Good box to goof off with, look for jumpers on the mainboard where you can set the bus speed. If you're lucky there will be setting instructions printed right on the board. Kick them up to the next setting. Then run some stuff to see if it works ok. Then keep going. If you fry the CPU or something else, keep in mind you will not be able to get any replacement parts so make sure you don't want the thing anymore. Have fun.

[stealth]

and hwhy do you say i cant get anymore?

i am scottish i have my ways

Well I'm Irish and I'm stubborn! Sorry if you took it the wrong way, just wanted to add in the standard disclaimer.

Smile

Its alright, if you fry it I've got 3 P75 chips kicking about, a P90, a P120 and a P166 (not mmx) that I had clocked to 200 stable on a friends machine. Let me know if you need one, I'll happily get it too you if your based in Scotland.
    What do you mean its all my fault?...

[stealth]

i dont think i will, i could have bought loads of motherboards and stuff for £35 second hand, memory, ATX power supplys,
    processors, motherboards, loads for 35 squid

not bad, but it was sold by the time i got home from school and read the paper

always happens

Why does that always happen?!!!!
    What do you mean its all my fault?...