[RESOLVED] OEM or Retail Box? What the Diff? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [RESOLVED] OEM or Retail Box? What the Diff?

WASAW

WE GET OEMS IN ONCE IN A WHILE IF DEMAND IS HIGH AND THATS ALL WE CAN GET FOR A GOOD PRICE, WE HAVEN'T HAD TOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM EXCEPT SOME AMD'S THAT RAN HOTTER THAN HELL AND BLUE SCREENED ALL THE TIME. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH ANY INTEL THOUGH.

------------------
    THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN AND THINGS UNKNOWN AND IN BETWEEN ARE THE DOORS!

[This message has been edited by WASAW (edited March 20, 2001).]

mptyza

Exclamation

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by supatech:
    OEM cpu's are crap! you get what you pay for, if want to save the extra 10-20 dollars for OEM cpu you still have to buy the HSF. Well unless you invest the money for a decent one 10-20 dollars you will buy a cheap one that will fail. Now I have had a few OEM cpu's fail in my day however I have seen hundred of failed crappy little 2 dollar fans fail. So if you want to buy fans every few months buy an OEM .</font>
    I personally, find nothing wrong with OEM cpu's. My last 3 have been OEM, and I have had no problems with them whatsoever. 10 to 20 dollars really is not that much for a HSF, especially if you intend to overclock the cpu. I have also found OEM cpu's to be exceptional overclockers. Hell, I bought an OEM Celeron 633, Golden Orb, and SlotKet for about $100 total, about 3 months or so ago. I have it at 1GHz, and only have a Blue Screen about once every two weeks, and that's not because of the fact that it is OEM, but probably because of the FSB I run it at. To conclude, most OEM cpu's are not "crap".

------------------
    633, or 1000, 633 or 1000? I just don't know!