Oh god I've lost 150 Mhz

Thread: Oh god I've lost 150 Mhz

Post Oh god I've lost 150 Mhz

Hi I have a celeron 600 oc'ed to 750, it had been this way for about a year then 2 nights ago I had BSOD and had to restart my PC but now the machice refuses to boot if I set cpu to 750 !!! whats happend? How can I get my extra 150mhz back? Please help me.

Check the cooling kit ASAP!!!
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Are you sure that it is actually running 150 slower? Are you using software or the bios to find this info? Try running SiSoft Sandra and seeing if it detects it as what it should be
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

You very well may have met your end with that CPU.I assume it still runs @600? Remove the battery or clear the CMOS and try again.I have an old Cel400 that had been running @ 475 for a few monthes now.When I try to run it @ 500 I have to remove the cover and reset the CMOS. Just a bit of expeirence
    http://www.compgeeks.com/images/M-Ge...4_01%20(1).gif

"It is because light travels faster than sound that some people seem brilliant until they speak...."

I always loved the quote!

Go with the suggestions here but like formerly tech said your CPU may never work correctly again.
    Most if not all CPU's are not meant to be Overclocked and damage is inevitable.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.