[RESOLVED] Does Any One Know What TheHeat Warning Should Be For a PIII 550

Thread: [RESOLVED] Does Any One Know What TheHeat Warning Should Be For a PIII 550

tradeer3

Post Does Any One Know What TheHeat Warning Should Be For a PIII 550

Just wandering if any one knows what the heat warning should be for a PIII 550.

Try here: http://support.intel.com/support/pro...ii/thermal.htm

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

In one of the really, really Blue states.

Wink

I have tried to understand the thermal information on both amd and intel websites, and truthfully it is beyond me. My Asus Probe program which comes with my mobo will not let me set a lower limit below 64celsius(147f). so that is where i set it. since my processor(t-bird 800)has never gotten higher than 53c(once)I would want to know if the temp got to 64c because it probably would indicate a fan failure. what you might want to do is find out what your processor tends to max out at during hard use and give yourself 5-10 degrees celsius, so you can catch thermal a increase early. setting a warning limit at or near the thermal limit is in my opinion dangerous, as you may harm the chip before you can shutdown, or the chip may actually be a few degrees hotter depending on your polling interval.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

I can't understand myself how is a processor able to work properly on 55 or 60 Celsious.
    If you put your finger on the heatsink, you will understand what I'm trying to say.
    For a moment you think the processor is gonna melt or something!
    I've put a heatsink with two fans on my PIII-500 processor and an extra fan on the chassis. I get 35-45 Celsious. I think that's pretty good.

About Asus.
    I didn't know that particular problem, but my P3B-F has another one.
    Both Asus Probe and BIOS keep saying that my CPU reaches 90-100 and sometimes 110 Celsious. The bug is known to Asus, but they didn't do anything to fix it.
    The latest BIOS version (1006) didn't fix the problem.

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

In one of the really, really Blue states.

i am using the latest version 2.12.01 of the asus utility. i wonder if they fixed the problem? i haven't seen it.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

I don't know if they fixed that.
    I'm not using Asus Probe anymore. I found another utility called Motherboard Monitor 4.
    It works fine with my P3B-F and has more functions.

------------------