Intel D850GB desktop board

Thread: Intel D850GB desktop board

Post Intel D850GB desktop board

Good day ;

I have just built a system with above board and have the following queries.

With a P4 1.4 G processor @ 400 bus speed the bios set up bus frequency shows only 100 and is not adjustible. Why ?

The system is some what slow , I have dought that my hard disk is slow , I have used an 80 pin IDE cable to get ATA 100 but not sure if the drive support this . How to fin out ?

I have installed Intel active monitor but is reporting motherboard has no sensor ?

Many thanks

DaOnly123Kid

this board runs 100 at QDR

what hdd is it, find out, then check the mfg's web site and look at the avg sustained throughput (btw ata100 is just a sales gimmic, no hdd can push anywhere near 100)

From most of the benchmarks I've read, yes, the P4 runs only about as fast as a P-III. You won't see much if any improvement, and may actually see some decrease in certain circumstances.

Current software is not able to take advantage of the architecture in the P4 and will often run faster on a P3 or Athlon based system. Until software venders start writing apps/games to take advantage of the architecture such as the SSE2 instructions in the P4, it will remain this way, thats why I just built a 1.33GHz Athlon instead.

As far as the FSB is concearned, it is similar to the setup in the Athlon/Duron evironment. Its a 100MHz FSB that is what Intel calls "Quad Pumped". Similar to how the Athlon uses a 100MHz/133MHz DDR bus to reach "200/266".
    My brain went into standby mode and I can't get it to wake up, is there a BIOS patch for this?