[RESOLVED] Anyone know how good is celeron 1.1?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Anyone know how good is celeron 1.1?

sesquim

Resolved [RESOLVED] Anyone know how good is celeron 1.1?

Anyone know how good is celeron 1.1?

------------------
    Have a nice day!

Darren Wilson

Not seen the 1.1Ghz advertised anywhere yet (the 1Ghz was only relaeased a couple of weeks back) so I cannoit comment. The 1Ghz is a good CPU though.

------------------
    FINALLY, Rocco HAS COME BACK to Win-Driverssssss......
    Let the Boobies hit the floor

sesquim

kool thans dude! when i went to the computer store they had a 1.1 celeron. but the cost is $185 canadian almost the same as athlon TB 1.2

------------------
    Have a nice day!

yps

Wink

if you're intel minded, try PIII-750 or 800 theay all nearly have the same price but perform better than celeron. and if you want some performance for your money, buy the Athlon TB 1.2.. got it?

------------------
    AMD Duron(r)700@1066MHz(133x8), Abit KT7E, Seitek 256MB SDRAM(CL2), GForce2MX/32MB @210/190, Seagate 20GB/ATA100/7200RPM, SB Live! Value, AOpen 50x CDROM, GlobalWin FOP38 @7.0 Volt.

Darren Wilson

I will agree with YPS on this one, but you have the extra expense of buying a new motherboard & possibly other componets (depending on what you already have) if you decide on the T-Bird. The 1.1Ghz Celeron as only just appeared on my suppliers' lists so I will be having a thorough test session with one in the next week or so ( after my marriage on Staurday)

------------------
    System Specs
    Abit KT7A-RAID (Rock F'n Solid!!!) - AMD Athlon 1Ghz (10x100) - 1024Mb PC133 SDRAM - ATI Radeon (AGP4X) - Maxtor ATA100 30Gb - 2 x Seagate ATA66 (RAID 0 totalling 26Gb) - Toshiba SD-1202M DVD - Plextor PlexWriter 2410A (Buy One!!!!) - Creative Labs SB Live! Value (No Pops , Hiss or Crackles here) - 20" Eizo Flexscan Monitor - Microsoft Windows XP Professional OEM Final Release

sesquim

My specs
    466 celeron / 20gig / 192ram (pc 100) / Windows 98SE
    Hi! thanks all for the replies.
    I dont want to buy a new system yet, i just wana upgrade my cpu. Can I put a P3 or P4 chip in my motherboard? or is it just celeron chip, and how will the
    "Pentium III 750MHz PGA (PC100/256K Cache) Retail Box $215" do compare to a "Celeron-II 1.1GHz Retail Box $185" ?

------------------
    Have a nice day!

Jpbtennisman

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by sesquim:
    My specs
    I dont want to buy a new system yet, i just wana upgrade my cpu. Can I put a P3 or P4 chip in my motherboard? or is it just celeron chip, and how will the
    "Pentium III 750MHz PGA (PC100/256K Cache) Retail Box $215" do compare to a "Celeron-II 1.1GHz Retail Box $185" ?
    </font>
    OK you have a Socket 370 motherboard..

what mobo is it? get the latest BIOS flash and tell us the date of that BIOS flash.

You can't put P4s in there but you can put P3s or Celerons. Possibly the new Tualatin core, depends on how updated your mobo is. But Probably a coppermine core P3 will be what you will have to get.

As for those 2 chips, yes both of them will work, and they'd probably be about on par with each other

also what FSB does your motherboard have? (speed of the RAM) make sure you're getting a chip with the same FSB.

------------------
    Mistake #6:
    "If we got a new webmaster, you would get permanently banned and your Word Association post would be closed."

Antec SX840, AMD Athlon 1400@1584 STABLE, Epox 8K7A+, IBM 60GXP 40GB, 20GB Maxtor 7200RPM, Plextor 16x10x40, Pioneer Slot-Loading DVD-ROM, Yamaha 8x8x24 Firewire CD-RW, Maxtor 80GB external Firewire hard drive, ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON 32MB DDR, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Realtek NIC (blech), 1394 card, Thermalright Sk6 with Thermaltake 31cfm

[This message has been edited by Jpbtennisman (edited September 29, 2001).]

Darren Wilson

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by sesquim:
    My specs

</font>
    I wish I knew where the Celereon II moniker came form as Intel NEVER called teh FC-PGA Celerons this. Another piece of marketing nonsense. All Celerons over (if I remember correct) 533Mhz are FC-PGA (Coppermine) CPU's. The original Black Celerons were teh standard PGA S370. There is a difference. There is no such thing as a Celeron II and anyone that trie selling you one as something 'special ' is not a trustworthy reseller, period. Do a search for 'Celeron II' On Intel's website and see what you come up with....

------------------
    System Specs
    Abit KT7A-RAID (Rock F'n Solid!!!) - AMD Athlon 1Ghz (10x100) - 1024Mb PC133 SDRAM - ATI Radeon (AGP4X) - Maxtor ATA100 30Gb - 2 x Seagate ATA66 (RAID 0 totalling 26Gb) - Toshiba SD-1202M DVD - Plextor PlexWriter 2410A (Buy One!!!!) - Creative Labs SB Live! Value (No Pops , Hiss or Crackles here) - 20" Eizo Flexscan Monitor - Microsoft Windows XP Professional OEM Final Release

Lips2001Ad

Daz I think when the peeps use the term Celeron 2 they are refering to the later versions of the chip, if you wanted to get technical we must be on the celeon 5 by now
    (original cache less black, Original small cache black, PGA 370, FCPGA 370, FCPGA 370 - 100 mhz Bus.)

sesquim

"what mobo is it? get the latest BIOS flash and tell us the date of that BIOS flash."
    whats a bios flash? where do i download this??

------------------
    »®»ŦħĄňķŜ«®«
    »®»Life Is Góód«®«
    »®»Its All Gööd«®«

[This message has been edited by sesquim (edited October 06, 2001).]

Jpbtennisman

You will need to find out the manufacturer and model number of your motherboard (unless your computer is store bought..then you go to the manufacturer website) and look for BIOS updates. Then you download them, read the instructions, and it will update your BIOS.

BTW...If you were wondering how good it is..read this:

http://www.techhard.com/docs/pro/cel110/cel110_1.htm

The 1.0 Duron using the new Morgan core smoked the Celeron in virtually every benchmark

------------------
    "I don't care if it's called the Crap-tastic 9000! If it's good, I'm getting it." - Me

Mistake #6:
    "If we got a new webmaster, you would get permanently banned and your Word Association post would be closed."

Antec SX840, AMD Athlon 1400@1584 STABLE, Epox 8K7A+, IBM 60GXP 40GB, 20GB Maxtor 7200RPM, Plextor 16x10x40, Pioneer Slot-Loading DVD-ROM, Yamaha 8x8x24 Firewire CD-RW, Maxtor 80GB external Firewire hard drive, ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON 32MB DDR, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Realtek NIC (blech), 1394 card, Thermalright Sk6 with Thermaltake 31cfm

[This message has been edited by Jpbtennisman (edited October 06, 2001).]

Darren Wilson

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Lips2001Ad:
    Daz I think when the peeps use the term Celeron 2 they are refering to the later versions of the chip, if you wanted to get technical we must be on the celeon 5 by now
    (original cache less black, Original small cache black, PGA 370, FCPGA 370, FCPGA 370 - 100 mhz Bus.)
    </font>
    It was actually the first 2 were Slot 1 CPU's & were green (Got a Celery 266 cacheless sitting in front of me on a keyring )

------------------
    System Specs

Lips2001Ad

Yeah, sorry daz my bad, I keep forgeting that intel are stingy B*%#*^ds and did not put the black plastic cartrige type case over there green chips. !!! Oh and BTW I LOVE CELERONS got me a 800 @ 966.

Darren Wilson

I must admit I am still partial to the Celerons over the Durons. Had a lot less problems with teh Celery's

------------------
    System Specs

Garak

they dont cook easily unlike AMD's

------------------
    If You Cant Beat It, Bin It....

Just A Thought