I read this on another forum, posted by a tech, well actually a former one...but still, it applies

[quote]I use to work as a technician at a retail store while I was going through college, and I still recieve the emails from Intel about their events. The following one I find to be quite humorous:

Dear Retail Sales Person,
The Microsoft® and Intel® Mystery Shop Contest will begin at your store very soon. Some of the customers that you help may be Microsoft and Intel Mystery Shoppers. They will be looking for key Microsoft Windows® XP and Intel Pentium® 4 processor messages. Complete the WINNING STEPS below to win an on-the-spot $50 gift check and be entered in a sweepstakes for some other great Intel and Microsoft prizes with a retail value of $1,850:

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor
Intel® Motherboard
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
Microsoft® Office XP Professional
6 months of MSN® Internet Access (long distance charges may apply)
Microsoft® Picture It! Publishing Platinum
Microsoft® Money 2002 Suite
Microsoft® MechCommander® 2.0
Microsoft® Zoo Tycoon

All you have to do to win an on the spot $50.00 gift check is complete all three of the WINNING STEPS to a Mystery Shopper when they visit your store between November 5-21, 2001. To be eligible for the sweepstakes, you must be an on the spot winner of the $50.00 gift check, be 18 years or older, a legal resident of the United States and employed by an eligible retail store. See Mystery Shop brochure for Official Sweepstakes rules.

THE WINNING STEPS:
Step 1: Recommend an Intel Pentium 4 processor-based PC with Windows XP.
Step 2: Deliver the key message: Windows XP includes optimizations for the Pentium 4 processor.
Together they provide…
Step 3: Communicate two of these three supporting messages.
The best digital video experience to edit your home movies
The power and flexibility to create custom digital music CDs and play-lists
An exciting way to capture and share your photographs through a digital slide show

For example, if the customer is interested in a PC, tell your customer about Windows XP optimizations for the Pentium 4 processor such as the enhanced features to create digital music or that the two products give the best digital video experience possible. The Mystery Shoppers will not expect you to repeat the messages verbatim - only that you clearly convey their meaning. However, they will be looking for your final recommendation of a PC system with an Intel Pentium 4 processor with Microsoft Windows XP.

In order to help prepare you for the Mystery Shop, you will be receiving brochures and message cards within the next week. The brochures explain program details and contain the Mystery Shop WINNING STEPS. The reference cards contain the messages, and should be helpful to you if you keep them on your person for quick reference. Please read these materials to understand the rules and elements of the program.

Learn the Microsoft and Intel messages to help your customers understand the benefits of Intel's and Microsoft's products to assist them in choosing the right PC. Plus, don't miss this chance to win some cash and rich prizes with the Microsoft and Intel Mystery Shop!

<hr></blockquote>

The response on this board was violent and very much in AMD's favor. What do you all think of this "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" business?