Intel Bribing Their Retail Sales People??

Thread: Intel Bribing Their Retail Sales People??

Exclamation Intel Bribing Their Retail Sales People??

I read this on another forum, posted by a tech, well actually a former one...but still, it applies

[quote]I use to work as a technician at a retail store while I was going through college, and I still recieve the emails from Intel about their events. The following one I find to be quite humorous:

Dear Retail Sales Person,
    The Microsoft® and Intel® Mystery Shop Contest will begin at your store very soon. Some of the customers that you help may be Microsoft and Intel Mystery Shoppers. They will be looking for key Microsoft Windows® XP and Intel Pentium® 4 processor messages. Complete the WINNING STEPS below to win an on-the-spot $50 gift check and be entered in a sweepstakes for some other great Intel and Microsoft prizes with a retail value of $1,850:

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor
    Intel® Motherboard
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
    Microsoft® Office XP Professional
    6 months of MSN® Internet Access (long distance charges may apply)
    Microsoft® Picture It! Publishing Platinum
    Microsoft® Money 2002 Suite
    Microsoft® MechCommander® 2.0
    Microsoft® Zoo Tycoon

All you have to do to win an on the spot $50.00 gift check is complete all three of the WINNING STEPS to a Mystery Shopper when they visit your store between November 5-21, 2001. To be eligible for the sweepstakes, you must be an on the spot winner of the $50.00 gift check, be 18 years or older, a legal resident of the United States and employed by an eligible retail store. See Mystery Shop brochure for Official Sweepstakes rules.

THE WINNING STEPS:
    Step 1: Recommend an Intel Pentium 4 processor-based PC with Windows XP.
    Step 2: Deliver the key message: Windows XP includes optimizations for the Pentium 4 processor.
    Together they provide…
    Step 3: Communicate two of these three supporting messages.
    The best digital video experience to edit your home movies
    The power and flexibility to create custom digital music CDs and play-lists
    An exciting way to capture and share your photographs through a digital slide show

For example, if the customer is interested in a PC, tell your customer about Windows XP optimizations for the Pentium 4 processor such as the enhanced features to create digital music or that the two products give the best digital video experience possible. The Mystery Shoppers will not expect you to repeat the messages verbatim - only that you clearly convey their meaning. However, they will be looking for your final recommendation of a PC system with an Intel Pentium 4 processor with Microsoft Windows XP.

In order to help prepare you for the Mystery Shop, you will be receiving brochures and message cards within the next week. The brochures explain program details and contain the Mystery Shop WINNING STEPS. The reference cards contain the messages, and should be helpful to you if you keep them on your person for quick reference. Please read these materials to understand the rules and elements of the program.

Learn the Microsoft and Intel messages to help your customers understand the benefits of Intel's and Microsoft's products to assist them in choosing the right PC. Plus, don't miss this chance to win some cash and rich prizes with the Microsoft and Intel Mystery Shop!

<hr></blockquote>

The response on this board was violent and very much in AMD's favor. What do you all think of this "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" business?

Business as usual, I guess.

I'm just a bit surprised to see that this may actually have been printed and signed!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

[quote]Originally posted by adept:
    <strong>Business as usual, I guess.

I'm just a bit surprised to see that this may actually have been printed and signed!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I used to own a retail shop....these kind of promotions were going on all the time....there's nothing to hide and no reason not to sign the note....all companies want their product visible to the most potential buyers.

Grocery stores get special deals/discounts for putting certain products at prime locations such as eye-level shelving and end-caps.

Not everything is a conspiracy. It's just good marketing.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

[quote]Originally posted by Sowulo:
    <strong>

I used to own a retail shop....these kind of promotions were going on all the time....there's nothing to hide and no reason not to sign the note....all companies want their product visible to the most potential buyers.

Grocery stores get special deals/discounts for putting certain products at prime locations such as eye-level shelving and end-caps.

Not everything is a conspiracy. It's just good marketing.</strong><hr></blockquote>

True enough. I was just taken back by the fact that an actual promo letter was issued with "rules and regulations" on it.

I don't think I've ever seen that before...

I almost wish I was in retail sales
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

I think of it in the exact same way that AMD send out freebies to anyone who wishes to join their Reseller pages even if they are not a reseller as no steps are taken to ensure that you are an actual reseller, unlike Intel's IPI program.
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

Agree with Sowulo, everybody does this. Ross, Sears, Best Buy, etc. The company or the MFG always push for "Make the customer buy the high-end stuff" or "Buy the extended service warranty lube job". Some are great offers and some are a crock of monkey poop. Either way you need to know what you are buying before you start tapping your wallet.

So I guess it all came out to "This is common sense" why post it.... who posted this thread anyways? let me hit the back button and take a look.............
    Sofa King Retarded

Actually I copied every bit of this from another site:

<a href="http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70212" target="_blank">http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70212</a>

[quote]Originally posted by JungleMan:
    <strong>Actually I copied every bit of this from another site:

<a href="http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70212" target="_blank">http://www.amdforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70212</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, #1 what kind of a response did you expect on an AMD forum???
    And #2 Super mod in both forums. SO watch out or I will BAN you <-- this is funny
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

[quote]Originally posted by Budster64:
    <strong>

Well, #1 what kind of a response did you expect on an AMD forum???
    And #2 Super mod in both forums. SO watch out or I will BAN you <-- this is funny</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey I don't want any monkey hunting people