PIII 800/133eb

Thread: PIII 800/133eb

Question PIII 800/133eb

I have a PIII 800EB/133fsb on an aopen AX3S pro mobo w/512Mb of 133mhz ram does anyone have any overclocking experience with this combo, FYI, video card is Diamond Viper770 Ultra 32mb agp 4x, 30Gb Hdd, 10/100 NIC, onboard sound, 40x cd-rom, HP 9100i CD-RW, I have a peltier cooler also, thanx for any input.....

Lightbulb

go to overclockers.com/ .

i do not have any exp. with the 800eb i have
    a 550e o/c 733. keep it cool if you o/c it.
    and bring it up slowly.if you are new to o/c
    you should read all you can about it . 800 is fast on its on. tomshardware.com has a o/c
    guide also. good luck!
    Chicken one day...feathers the next
    Set your goals high and then go get a ladder.

And that Viper 770 could be a problem, they are notorious for running very hot as it is.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

mojo186

Thumbs up

I use an ASUA CUSL2 Motherboard &Intel Pen lll 800MHz EB. I have it clocked at 852MHz It runs great. Better in fact. I'm using the onboard video shareing 64mg of my 256 PC133 SDRAM.

The wandering Odysseus of the web.

I've been building a tower PIII, Motherboard ASUS P3v4x PC-133 w/Pen 800EB processor, w/640 mb RAM, All in Wonder Radeon Video, Creative 5.1 Sound. Sounds perfect to me but it is so unstable. I've tryed everything I know from setting DIP switches to the nines and still this piece of crap gives me hell. Any ideas out there?nullnull

Start with memory. Are you sure they are all the same speed? Install DIMMS one at a time and check the SPD in BIOS for the speeds. If they clock differently, it may run at the wrong speed for all of the memory. Try installing only the fastest DIMM and see how it runs, then add more. You should run fine with 128 or 256 meg anyway. Try disableing AGP Fast Write in the BIOS, set Video Memory Cache Mode to UC , and AGP to 2X. Also, what OS? If its ME, forget it, it will never be stable. Make sure you have the latest VIA 4in1 drivers, ver 4.29 or 4.30, the latest video drivers, and sound card drivers. There is a patch soon to be released to resolve conflicts with Creative sound cards and VIA chipsets. I'm sure that many are waiting impatiently!

more than likely you have a combo of jumpers and bios settings for o\c abilities. you won't achieve more than 10% increase without bumping up your voltage .2v or so.

Personally I don't fancy ya chances of getting much out of it due to the fact that it's an eb chip (133 FSB already). basically it gives u a six multipler and with a realistic max of 140FSB (considering mem restrictions etc) ur looking at a 40mhz gain max. ur better off with the E chips if u intend to o/c them

Originally posted by amneal:
    Personally I don't fancy ya chances of getting much out of it due to the fact that it's an eb chip (133 FSB already). basically it gives u a six multipler and with a realistic max of 140FSB (considering mem restrictions etc) ur looking at a 40mhz gain max. ur better off with the E chips if u intend to o/c them
    Not necessarily so...I have two 1GHz PIII's on an ABIT VP6 running at 150FSB + the CPU at +10 for a total gain of 20% (1.2GHz).

Not necessarily so...I have two 1GHz PIII's on an ABIT VP6 running at 150FSB + the CPU at +10 for a total gain of 20% (1.2GHz).
    Obv there are exceptions, but I think that using the 133Mhz ram that was mentioned u'd be very lucky to get it to 150Mhz and to have your PCI/AGP devices run happy as well. I wish my stuff would go that high Are u using PC133 or PC150 ram in your machine?

Originally posted by amneal:
    Obv there are exceptions, but I think that using the 133Mhz ram that was mentioned u'd be very lucky to get it to 150Mhz and to have your PCI/AGP devices run happy as well. I wish my stuff would go that high Are u using PC133 or PC150 ram in your machine?
    2 are Texas Instruments 256Mb, and 2 are generic 256Mb. All are PC133 and CAS3.