Please insert a blank Disc ...

Thread: Please insert a blank Disc ...

Post Please insert a blank Disc ...

Whenever I try to burn a CD using Nero 5.5 or even Adaptec Easy CD Creator, I insert a blank disc in the drive but before it starts burning, it spits the disc out and asks me to insert a blank one, but I already have a blank disc in the drive. ANy ideas what the problem is, I thought maybe the CDR media might be dodgy but the disc works fine on another machine. The machine is running Windows 2000 Server, any ideas appreciated, thanks.

do you hear the drive spin up when you put a disc in the drive? can you read already written discs with the writer? sounds like the writer to me, but i could be wrong. try updating the software, also, what is the model of your burner?

good luck
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Probably your aspi layer - or lack of, do a search for forceaspi and install it.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thumbs up

Right, I think it was the media causing the problems. The writer is a Mitsubishi Diamond Data 32x10x4, if I insert a disc with data on it already, it spins up fine no worries, if I insert a blank Kodak Ultima disc, the gold+silver discs, it doesn't seem to spin up at all. Insert a Mitsubishi blank CD in the drive and all is good. I tried the very same Kodak disc in a Sony writer and it worked fine, but when I tried it in another Mitsubishi 32x10x4 it too had the exact same problem. I can't see Mitsubishi trying to corner the market and force you to use their discs in their burners, but I have sent them an email about the issue anyway. In the mean time the client can just use Mitsubishi CD's.