[RESOLVED] P5BV3+ got no USB connection

Thread: [RESOLVED] P5BV3+ got no USB connection

joerg

Post P5BV3+ got no USB connection

Hi,
    i got no connection with my ELSA Microlink ISDN USB (status light is not on and Win98 shows no reaction)
    is it important to connect the ELSA with the ISDN port ? (i only want to look, if win98 shows any reaction)
    in the bios the USB is activated and all win98 drivers are installed

any help

joerg

When you say that all drivers are installed, do you mean that there are no unknown devices in the device manager, or do you mean you have done all your patches? go to http://www.via.com.tw/drivers/index.htm and download all those drivers. Install the PCI bridge driver first. After that, I dont think order matters (they all have readme files that I would reccomend you look at) After doing that, your USB ports should work.

The P5BV3+ is an AT board, so you will want to make sure you plugged the external USB connector into the motherboard correctly. Also, make sure you have the correct adaptor for that board.

With ISDN adaptors, YES, it is important to connect them to the ISDN line. (i have gone through 3 ISDN adaptors before I found one I liked . . . Motorola bitsurfur Pro ISA sucks, Diamond Supra Netcommander sucks, EICON DIVA ISDN T/A makes ISDN what it should be.) ISDN protocols are tricky to work with and set up. I hope you haven't cancelled your analog line yet.

[This message has been edited by rusabus (edited July 14, 1999).]