[RESOLVED] FIC 503+ USB adapter

Thread: [RESOLVED] FIC 503+ USB adapter

Geos

Unhappy FIC 503+ USB adapter

I have a 503+ motherboard from FIC, I want to use the usb ports. I am told that i can modify a regular USB cable. I am wondering if anyone has done this and can tell me how to? I have the diagram form the way the board is set up, but i can't even find the wire diagram from the cable.

Thanks for any help,
    Geos

I built a system with the same MB,and used a standard 2 port USB unit which mounts to the case-back. You may have seen these units used with the SOYO and other MBs.This unit comes with wires and plugs installed. You just plug it to the MB (red to #1),mount it to the case,boot up,and plug in your device.These units should be readily available through whomever you get your computer parts from. If you're using Win 95, be sure to install USB Supplement. If Win98, it's already on board. I realize that the USB adaptor pictured in the FIC manual looks as though it has some components on it,and maybe theirs does,but what I have described works just fine for me with an HP ScanJet 4100C,Usb/LPT adapter,and other peripherals.
    If you can't locate one,drop me an Egram and I'll have one sent to you. Rotsa Ruck !!
    Are we havin' fun yet?