Win 95 USB Problem

Thread: Win 95 USB Problem

Post Win 95 USB Problem

About three months ago I finished building my new PC and installed Windows 95b and the USB patch that came with the cd. Just lately I purchased a joystick to update my old one and it requires a USB which I though worked. After my system was on I plugged the joystick in and 95 realized it, but when I went to install drivers for it, it could not locate the USB port. I then double checked my devices and found that the prts were working properly then tried re-installing the patch, nothing worked. Does anyone know what to do or have any ideas.
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981

Talking

USB on win95 hardly ever works.

Upgrade to Win98 than try it that should fix the problem.

-Machine
    How do you prefer to spend eternity? Smoking or Non

In one of the really, really Blue states.

I have had almost no problem with usb on win95b unless the device says explicitly for win98. did you contact Iomega? for some reason some usb drivers are explicity for win98. if they say it should work in win95 first check if the usb cable is securely attacted to the motherboard(if it is not directly on the board). if you have access to another usb device, try it and see if it works. if it does the problem is the driver, or the zipcd. if you know someone with a win98 computer try it there. maybe the zipcd is defective?
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush